Parking Eye ANPR PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should get an image of the signage and look for bits that support a defence of inadequate signage.

The POFA doesnt help you, as you are the named driver unless you want to deny it but too late for that.

Doing nothing a year ago may cost you dear as without further supposting evidence your olny defence is illegality by PE for not having planning permission for signage and cameras.

Get busy on finding out about signage and PP or pay up

It was sent to the KEEPER in time (wouldnt matter if it wasnt as they have named you) the POFA protects the KEEPER but not the driver by limiting liability to set protocols and they named you so it doesnt have a time limit.

This means that you have to look at the planning permission as this is about the only thing you have to avoid losing at court.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks eb, and everyone else on here for your advice.

Just to update,

bit the bullet (and it was difficult!) and just paid PE online after receiving the LBA Court Claim through the post.

It stated that £85 was due.

Went to pay it online and the costs was now £145!!

Have paid due to not wanted to go to court but what has happened here?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

that wasn't the best move.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the extra money is a con, send a cq for £85 as that is the contractuial amount.

If they then want to do court you will have several methods of fighting the extra charges as they are just crooked add ons and they know it. get the £145 back by recharge as you used a card to pay it.

I suspect you wont bother with that though and that is why they make £200m a year when they deserve alomost nothing.

Never do anything online as you do not have a paper trail.

Thanks both.

I paid online as it was the quickest method and because from what I posted previously knew that if it went to court had little chance of success

- so wanted to deal with quickly before getting anywhere near that.

I've never paid online for an invoice before so was unaware of their 'practices'.

I paid by debit card...and I will seek to reclaim I can assure you!

I have taken a screen shot of said payment and have requested an email for this too.

I also have kept all correspondence.

I do not have a cheque book but could I pay via PO?

If so, are my options...recharge on my card, send PE a PO for £85, job done?

Also, where did this mysterious extra charge come from and what will they try to justify it on?

yes.

you need to work out the difference between a breach of contract and a contractual charge.

overstay would be a breach of contract and as the money is not liquidated damages but an advertised fee they cant add to it or they would be in a position where they would have to justify the £85 to start off with. Beavis decision cuts to the chase on this, flat penalty fee covers the lot.