BBC breakfast on cold callers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am watching it, sick of unwanted calls even though I like several others have an ex-directory number and registered with TPS

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I get the odd one asking about an accident - I tell them they will be the ones having an accident if they don't stop calling. I've never given out my home number as I don't use it so they must be on an autodialler system.

Saw the BBC report and it was good.

If you want to register on a website that asks for your telephone number for no apparent reason or you just dont want to share it you can use 0333 88 88 88 88 they will get told

"trueCall38 is handling my calls. I prefer not to be contacted by phone, so please contact me via my email address. Goodbye!"

http://www.truecall38.co.uk/

It wont stop them all but helps keep your phone number private.

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

Make sure that you report every unwanted cold call here https://ico.org.uk/concerns/

Which is well and good if the caller correctly identifies the company and/or they are not using anonymous dialling. It is difficult to pursue a complaint if the caller uses a bogus name or fakes the caller ID.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Which is well and good if the caller correctly identifies the company and/or they are not using anonymous dialling. It is difficult to pursue a complaint if the caller uses a bogus name or fakes the caller ID.

This is true but every complaint logged will help. Unfortunately there is always someone who will find another way to try to beat the system and take our money.

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

If you want to register on a website that asks for your telephone number for no apparent reason or you just dont want to share it you can use 0333 88 88 88 88 they will get told

"trueCall38 is handling my calls. I prefer not to be contacted by phone, so please contact me via my email address. Goodbye!"

http://www.truecall38.co.uk/

It wont stop them all but helps keep your phone number private.

Are you saying that if someone phones that number, it will give that message out..