65 in a few weeks.

pin62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is anyone able to help? I'm 65 in just under a month and know that some of my benefits will stop, at the moment I receive ESA,and DLA, my wife also claims carers for me. Will I get a letter from DWP telling me what I will be entitled too when I get my pension.Thankyou for any information given its much appreciated. pin62.:???:

Is anyone able to help? I'm 65 in just under a month and know that some of my benefits will stop, at the moment I receive ESA,and DLA, my wife also claims carers for me. Will I get a letter from DWP telling me what I will be entitled too when I get my pension.Thankyou for any information given its much appreciated. pin62.:???:

You are correct in saying that some IB benefit will stop when you get your pension, the pension dept and benefits dept are two separate entities so as far as I know they will not send you a breakdown of other benefits you may be entitled to.

Have you had your award letter yet? this is the letter that gives you a breakdown of your pension entitlement, if not you need to contact them now, if/when you know how much pension you will get you can put everything into a benefit calculator this should give you the answers you want.

Bear in mind a couple of things, the state pension is paid in arrears, so if you choose to get it monthly it will be paid 1 month in arrears, weekly a week in arrears , fortnightly, two weeks in arrears.

Also the SP is taxable income so will be added to other taxable income like private pension, any wages and certain taxable benefits.

I would suggest you contact age uk who have brilliant benefit advisors

: pin62:

Employment n support allowance will be replaced by state retirement pension, and if necessary, pension credit.

For now you can stay in receipt of disability living if your care needs don't change. Any change and dependent on where you live, you may be invited to claim a personal independence payment. Which will happen sooner or later anyway cos you didn't turn 65 before April 2013.

DLA or PIP, your wife can continue to claim carers until she reaches her state pension age.

Margaret.