Debt in Scotland and moving aboard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

looking to get help regarding my debt. I live in Scotland. I work part time and i sell on ebay as self employed

From over 2 years due to overseas sellers use fulfilment my profit went down. Never was big but now just doesn'r exist.

On top of that my landlord want to increase my rent.

Every month i have more debt so me and my wife decided to comeback to our home country(in EU)

Where we can get some help from our family

My debt is 2500GBP on credit card

300GBP bills And 1100 GBP for rent

I can't afford to pay those money so i would like to know what is best option?

Should i just leave and don't say anybody? Could they find me over there becouse it's EU country?

or tell my creditors that i move aboard but don't say where?

I really don't know what to do and any help would be good

just go and forget about them.

at the nd of the day

there is actually very little they can do.

bar willy waving with a powerless dca in which ever eu country you end up in.

none have any legal powers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Depends on whether you intend to come back to the UK. If you don't, then if you cannot pay, there is not much you can do.

If you are moving to another EU country, if they obtain a court judgement in Scotland, they can enforce this in the EU country you are moving to. But they would have to find you first and go through the correct process. It does not happen very often, because it would cost them money, they might not get back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for all your help. I'm not intend to come back to UK at all. For us it's to difficuld to rise a child without family help (and i don't mean financial help).

Can they take me to court if they don't know my address and i if i stay or leave UK? I know that without address you cant get CCJ but that is in England. I don't know if Scotland have same rules.

Is my all together almost 4000 debt is worth of chasing? i ready somewhere that European payment order cost only 95 pounds? So in my eyes 4000 looks very tempting for DCA.

In my county DCA's are very rude and do everything(even not illegal road) to recover debt so i would like to aviod that.

Thank you for all your help. I'm not intend to come back to UK at all. For us it's to difficuld to rise a child without family help (and i don't mean financial help).

Can they take me to court if they don't know my address and i if i stay or leave UK? I know that without address you cant get CCJ but that is in England. I don't know if Scotland have same rules.

Is my all together almost 4000 debt is worth of chasing? i ready somewhere that European payment order cost only 95 pounds? So in my eyes 4000 looks very tempting for DCA.

In my county DCA's are very rude and do everything(even not illegal road) to recover debt so i would like to aviod that.

They can issue the court claim using your last known Scottish address, as you would not have provided any other address for them to use. This is why some people tell creditors their foreign address once they have left the country. Then they know you are not in Scotland and this may prevent a Scottish court judgement being obtained, making it less likely for the debt to be enforced in a court in the country you have moved to.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So the best way for me is to tell where im going? Do i need to tell full address or i can just say that i moved aboard. Can my landlord take my to court and use my last address ( his property address) to know that i moved from that property becouse i will give him keys?

You would need to tell them of an address for them to send letters. Yes landlord can use last UK address as you may have arranged for letters to be sent onto you by the Royal Mail.

Ok. I think the best way for me is just be quiet and not saying that i move to another country. Even if they will get Scottish court judgement it will be only in UK? And they can't get European payment order if they don't know my aboard address or Country i am?

I don't want to avoid my debt but in my country 4000 pounds is a lot of money and will be very difficult for me to pay that back especially that i'm not coming back to live in luxus. But al least i can get help from my family.

That is your choice. If they knew which country you are likely to have moved to, you may be traced. But i doubt any UK judgement would be transferred to another EU country. But they might trace your address and write to you.