Apex / Barclaycard debt

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have 12+2 working days to supply you with a copy of the CCA, after which time, you can then stop payments.

I would continue making payments until then, and as for failing to send you statements of account, how the hell do they think you know what remains?

I bet there is loads of reclaimable fees/charges on it too!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have 12+2 working days to supply you with a copy of the CCA, after which time, you can then stop payments.

I would continue making payments until then, and as for failing to send you statements of account, how the hell do they think you know what remains?

I bet there is loads of reclaimable fees/charges on it too!

Ok many thanks again and will get one sent off.

The Apex letter that I receive monthly does state previous balance and new balance - is that suffice ? No mention of any charges.

CCA request sent to Apex today and will post up response once received. So response should be received by Friday 26th June or Monday 29th June ?

I have had no statements from Barclaycard showing allocated payments but do receive a monthly letter from Apex advising balance and monthly plan payment made. Is this suffice under CCA conditions or have they been breached does anyone know ?

I would be quite happy to post up an edited copy of what I receive.

Ok many thanks again and will get one sent off.

The Apex letter that I receive monthly does state previous balance and new balance - is that suffice ? No mention of any charges.

So long as you can see that your monthly amount is reducing in line with your payments, then IMO that would suffice yes.

Has Apex bought this or are they simply the gophers collecting on behalf of sharklays?

P.S. Did you get 'proof of posting'?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So long as you can see that your monthly amount is reducing in line with your payments, then IMO that would suffice yes.

Has Apex bought this or are they simply the gophers collecting on behalf of sharklays?

P.S. Did you get 'proof of posting'?

Ok fine but will probably request a statement of account to check starting balance, allocation of payments made etc.

I'm sure Apex have not bought the account as cannot remember receiving a NOA letter but I'm sure it will be revealed when they respond to my CCA request as per DCA template letter used.

Yes I did thanks but didnt send recorded sign for just a receipt that I posted first class today.

As long as you have a record/evidence you sent them a CCA request for your own records, then that is perfectly OK.

Wait and see if they're able to fire back a compliant CCA.

Then you can look at sending sharklays a SAR (£10) to get the entire history of the account, and can then see howmuch of the balance is

charges, that you can reclaim.

What does your CRF say?

As long as you have a record/evidence you sent them a CCA request for your own records, then that is perfectly OK.

Wait and see if they're able to fire back a compliant CCA.

Then you can look at sending sharklays a SAR (£10) to get the entire history of the account, and can then see howmuch of the balance is

charges, that you can reclaim.

What does your CRF say?

Thanks again Bazooka Boo and will do.

I have got to update my CRF as usually do it once a year but have used Experian in the past. Do you recommend anyone else ?

I believe it had dropped off my file on the last time of looking as debt was over 6 years ago. Should I be looking somewhere else on my file for details ?

Sorry for silly questions but just want some clarity on the matter thanks.

Hi Baz,

Check your CRA file to see if the a/c still shows. From what you say, it should not still be showing. If it's not showing , there's nowhere else you need to look.

When did the a/c first fall into arrears.

Do you have the old statements sent to you by BC when the a/c fell into arrears.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Baz,

Check your CRA file to see if the a/c still shows. From what you say, it should not still be showing. If it's not showing , there's nowhere else you need to look.

When did the a/c first fall into arrears.

Do you have the old statements sent to you by BC when the a/c fell into arrears.

Hi Slick,

Checked last years CRF and cannot see anything on it.

Card went into arrears around Nov 2004

Agreed a plan through third party (free with company) with barclays early 2005

Received statements from Barclays up to 2010

Then passed to Apex who send me a monthly letter confirming payment and latest balance but never a full annual statement.

Yes I do have most of the original statements when account went into arrears.

Go through the old statements looking for all penalty fees (for missed, returned or late payments) and let us know approx how much in fees for each year from 2004 onwards.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Go through the old statements looking for all penalty fees (for missed, returned or late payments) and let us know approx how much in fees for each year from 2004 onwards.

OK slick will do and post up later.

Many Thanks

:wink:

Hi Slick

Well been through some old stuff and located the following.

Letter of notification from Apex re purchasing of the account in January 2011.

2003 Late Payment Fees £40.00 17.90% apr

2004 Late Payment Fees £140.00 17.90% apr

2004 Exceeded Limit Fees £20.00 17.90% apr

2005 Late Payment Fees £100.00 18.90% apr

2005 Exceeded Limit Fess £100.00 18.90% apr

2005 Out of Order Charge £40.00 18.90% apr

Therefore total of £440.00 in charges

It looks as if Barclaycard put an agreed arrangement in place after liasing with my money advisor with no further incurred costs. The plan continued with Apex from January 2011 to date and have also located a couple of reduced settlement offers.

Cheers

Baz

Hi Baz,

Now use this spreadsheet to list each charge - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34010&d=1330899255

Regardless of the APR's that you've quoted above, use the rate of 24.9% on the spready.

Let us then know the approx compound int't figure as per the spready, which you could reclaim in addition to the £440 of charges.

We can then see how the figs compare with the debt of approx £3K.

Also, read through a few of the **WON** threads here to see how folk reclaim penalties plus restitutionary int't from BC - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Hi Baz,

Now use this spreadsheet to list each charge - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34010&d=1330899255

Regardless of the APR's that you've quoted above, use the rate of 24.9% on the spready.

Let us then know the approx compound int't figure as per the spready, which you could reclaim in addition to the £440 of charges.

We can then see how the figs compare with the debt of approx £3K.

Also, read through a few of the **WON** threads here to see how folk reclaim penalties plus restitutionary int't from BC - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Done spreadsheet and interest totals £4,255.60.

Thanks for the link and will have a read-up later.

Done spreadsheet and interest totals £4,255.60.

Thanks for the link and will have a read-up later.

Ha ha bloody ha! This is so good, touché sharklays! :fencing:the shoe is most definitely on the other foot.

See what happens when DCA's intimidate debtors......DCA's always lose.

Ha ha bloody ha! This is so good, touché sharklays! :fencing:the shoe is most definitely on the other foot.

See what happens when DCA's intimidate debtors......DCA's always lose.

lol Bazooka Boo made me chuckle.

So what next do I first await a reply from Apex regarding my CCA request ?

Yes, but revel in the joy the amount of money they owe you!

Thanks again Bazooka Boo and will post up once response is received. Then I will proceed with the next step.

Hi Baz,

Take time to go through the example threads so you understand the process.

When you think you're acquainted with it all, get the Prelim Claim letter ready to send.

If you have any Q's, ask away.

BC will probably repurchase the debt from the present owner so they can deduct the o/s balance from the refund you claim.

Hi Baz,

Take time to go through the example threads so you understand the process.

When you think you're acquainted with it all, get the Prelim Claim letter ready to send.

If you have any Q's, ask away.

BC will probably repurchase the debt from the present owner so they can deduct the o/s balance from the refund you claim.

Cheers slick and I will do.

Will keep forum posted :wink:

Send it to the company secretary at their head office :)

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

Canary Wharf, London

E14 5HP

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Is this regarding your existing case with Apex and BC.

CCA goes to Apex as the current creditor with the £1 fee. Use a Postal Order but leave the payee blank.

Edited by slick132