Late Licence Penalty

Robb.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

I am of course another person to receive a LLP for not taxing vehicle. I did in fact SORN my car at the time and unfortunately have lost the receipt since moving nevertheless I intend to fight this. I previously searched on this forum and found a few things but sadly struggling to find what I need. I would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction or tell me the following:

- Relevant legislation relating to Tax/SORN and the relevant provisions. I am already aware of s.22 The Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002, any others?

- The Registered Keeper is liable ... until the DVLA is notified of its disposal and receive an Acknowledgement Letter in confirmation. I believe there is no legal requirement to contact the DVLA after sending off my SORN however is there any legal requirement which stipulates that I am still liable until I receive an Acknowledgment Letter or is this the DVLA trying it on again.

- I have noticed some posts say do not mention the Interpretations Act to them in your letter but also noticed that others have. Ideally I'd like them to drop the matter asap as I am looking to work abroad soon and will not be in the country. Will the reference of the Act help to bring the matter to an end?

- I recall that if the DVLA refer the matter to a DCA then you can refuse to deal with them and refer it back to the DVLA and/or threaten harassment. Can someone elaborate or explain?

I fully intend to defend this and have already stated to the DVLA that I am not willing to pay any outstanding amount so I would like to be a bit more aggressive in the next letter.

Your answers would be helpful

Thanks

dvla are well know for losing documentation

then wanting money for their mistake.

as for the DCA

just remember they are not bailiffs

and

have no such legal powers.

esp on DVLA 'debts'

can be safely ignored totally.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

I got a "fine" for no declaring a SORN a few years back.

I rang the debt recovery company and invited them to try and enforce this fine. I got a couple of letters afterwards with exponentially increasing "fine" amounts. I think after ignoring the 3rd or 4th letter they moved on to someone else and easier target.

Such "debts" won't show on your credit score and it's just a low life debt recovery company along with the DVLA paying a craps game hoping to scare people into coughing up. Just ignore them :)