Housing Association about to apply for an eviction warrant : (

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, wondering if anyone can help me/provide some advice.

A couple of years ago my landlord (Housing association) applied for a possession order. At the time my rent arrears were around 2k. I agreed with the judge to pay back the arrears at the rate of around £15 per week.

I have recently had a period of unemployment and as such fell behind with my agreement, and for the last 6 months or so have only worked sporadically, usually not applying for HB when I havent been working.

As the arrears have risen to about 2300 I recently called my landlord to let them know I had secured an 18 month contract at a new employer - and was able to start making weekly payments of £30 per week on top of my rent to start clearing the arrears.

I have stuck to this since the agreement though unfortunately one of the payments went missing (since turned up) & they have now sent me letters and are saying they are applying for an eviction warrant.

Is there anything I can do, In an ideal world I would like to continue paying the £30 per week on top of my rent to reduce arrears - my current arrears are just under 2k and at a push I could probably get my hands on anything up to a grand to get them halved.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi there, have you spoken to them since you received the letter ? could it have been sent before they found the missing payment ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

HIya, Yeah I have spoken to them and they have now found the payment (You are right it was sent whilst the payment was missing). But so far they seem unwilling to budge, apparently they are applying for the warrant at 5pm tomorrow so she has said for me to ring her tomorrow with a proposal for for clearing the arrears (It seems that the rent + £30pw isnt enough though it is alls that I can afford). I think she wants me to reduce the balance before they would accept that proposal but the problem I have is that in reducing the 2k arrears it would mean lending money which I'd then have to pay back meaning I couldn't afford the same installments!