Marston - turned up at my workplace - said he will go in and tell my employer everything and get arresting officer *Yes*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with Marston Group bailiff and not sure how to approach it, any help will be much appreciated. Never dealt with a bailiff before so this is completely new to me.... :(

Long story short:

A bailiff knocked on the door at my previous address where I used to live and left a removal notice with two reference numbers. It says that the client is Borough. I'm thinking two PCNs that I didn't pay. In the last year I changed my name and address and didn't really keep on top of my debt. Now on the notice it states that I owe them nearly £600 :(

I don't know what to do and I'm really scared to ring the bailiff...

Plus the bailiff told my friend that he will visit me at work (somehow he knew where I worked) so I'm absolutely petrified!

If someone could please advise me how to approach it I'd be very grateful.

I have received great help from CAG on several occasions and contribiuted a bit. Did you? :ban::boink::madgrin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

I don't give any advice as I am not at all qualified! I only express my views and ideas. :loco:

The bailiff is not allowed to visit you at work so don't worry about that.

But, you really do need to make contact and find out what this is about.

Ignoring it will only incur you further stress and costs.

Should I ring the bailiff or email Marston? I'm not very good on the phone and really scared to ring him.

Plus I don't really want them to know where I live :(

Apart from a 1yo laptop I haven't got anything to my name. Been battling with severe depression and anxieties for years and after a year of therapy I'm only just getting myself sorted and got a job. I'm also on working tax credits.

I do want to pay it. I'm just scared that the stress of it will kick me down to the ground again :((

I have received great help from CAG on several occasions and contribiuted a bit. Did you? :ban::boink::madgrin:

I don't give any advice as I am not at all qualified! I only express my views and ideas. :loco:

You could email them to explain your situation. If they have found your employment details that is worrying, as I am not sure how they would have done this legally. Would the Borough council have told them if you were claiming housing benefits. If they have done so, that would be illegal under Data Protection. The information is for benefits purposes only and any other release of the info would be illegal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Omg my coworkers just told me that somebody keeps calling my work and asking for me saying it's a private matter :/

Most enforcement companies get given details like contact numbers etc. These can often be work contact numbers that the debtor gives the local authority as a contact number or quite simply a neighbour has confirmed where you work. We see that a lot.

They could have facebook'd you and had a look. If you identify where you work, all they have to do is call the business to try and get hold of you.

Omg my coworkers just told me that somebody keeps calling my work and asking for me saying it's a private matter :/

Have you given your work number to the council or anyone who would have told them ?

You don't have to speak to them, if this affects your health. But you could email them to explain the situation. If this continues, you may wish to contact your local Citizens Advice to see what help they can provide.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No, haven't given them work number. Apparently they will call my work today again so will tell them that this is my place of work and not a private line and to stop calling my work. And will tell them that I'll contact them by email in writing.

enforcement officer just showed up outside my work,

rang me and wanted me to go out and talk to him, so I did.

Two parking fines,

one of them is actually my ex partners and

after we split up I sent a letter to council that even though I was the registered owner it was his fine.

the enforcement officer told me that I need to pay it in full and didn't accept my offer of 200 and monthly payments after that.

He said he will go in and tell my employer everything and get arresting officer.

He said that I'm obstructing justice and will get criminal record for that and lose my job (I work in care).

He said that I deliberately changed my name to avoid my debts and it's criminal (I changed it due to family reasons).

After he said that I just walked away...

I'm still on a lot of medication for depression, anxiety and high blood pressure

Oh and he said he's going to court now to get my address and execute warrant.

Think you need to make complaints to the Borough council about this behaviour. As far as I am aware they should not do this.

Think you need to make complaints to the Borough council about this behaviour. As far as I am aware they should not do this.

Absolutely out of order if Council PCN and not a criminal fine. Formal Complaint time imho. as per UB

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Oh and he said he's going to court now to get my address and execute warrant.

The debts are for an unpaid parking ticket. Yes....an application can be made to amend the address but this cannot be made by the bailiff and would need to be made by the relevant local authority. If you had not received the Notice to Owner then it is a simple matter to resolve. You need to file an Out of Time Witness stateent (TE7 and TE9). All enforcement will then cease for approx 6 weeks whilst the local authority consider your application. If accepted, the ticket reverts back to the Notice to Owner stage allowing you the opportunity to either pay the charge or appeal the ticket (if you have sufficient grounds).

I'm still on a lot of medication for depression, anxiety and high blood pressure

From what you have stated here it would seem that you could well have grounds for 'vulnerability' but this could be hampered by the fact that you are in paid employment. Nonetheless, it is certainly worth bringing to the attention of Marston's.

enforcement officer just showed up outside my work,

rang me and wanted me to go out and talk to him, so I did.

Two parking fines,

one of them is actually my ex partners and

after we split up I sent a letter to council that even though I was the registered owner it was his fine.

the enforcement officer told me that I need to pay it in full and didn't accept my offer of 200 and monthly payments after that.

He said he will go in and tell my employer everything and get arresting officer. He cant tell you employer nor can he get an arresting officer. Record him next time as that is very very shaky ground to be claiming that.

He said that I'm obstructing justice and will get criminal record for that and lose my job (I work in care). Bulls**t. sorry for the language but he shouldnt be saying that. that law has nothing to do with you refusing to pay.

He said that I deliberately changed my name to avoid my debts and it's criminal (I changed it due to family reasons). No illegal to do that at all. but DVLA might not be impressed if they havent been told.

After he said that I just walked away...

Hope that helps

Will your friend be prepared to put in writing what has happened, in particular the threat to tell your employer - and also what was discussed with her.

Do you know if the Agent was wearing a camera and if it was running. Was the camera running when he spoke with you.

• Confused 1

Do as BF suggests, He can help sort this pdq.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Grumpy - I informed DVLA about the name and address change straight after I changed it. And thank you for your post, it did help.

I've responded to you.

Please keep the forum updated as to what happens.

Thanks

They could have facebook'd you and had a look. If you identify where you work, all they have to do is call the business to try and get hold of you.

At a meeting that I was at last week this subject came up and I was very surprised indeed at how many enforcement agencies AND local authorities view Linkedin and Facebook to obtain employment and lifestyle details of debtors.

At a meeting that I was at last week this subject came up and I was very surprised indeed at how many enforcement agencies AND local authorities view Linkedin and Facebook to obtain employment and lifestyle details of debtors.

Also used by fraudsters to obtain missing info for identity fraud and also worse crimes. There was a case of someone using other people's photographs from Facebook to try to groom people into a meeting.

I would never have an online account that could be viewed by others, so they could collect personal information.

In regard to EA companies sourcing info, I suspect that some info is obtained illegally. It will be similar to what journalists and private investigators were doing, making phone calls blagging to get data released when it should not be. Many people do not realise that blagging is illegal.

Let's get one thing straight here - a PCN is never more than an unproven allegation.

Nor will there be any genuine warrant of control - that is as certain as the sun rising this morning.

This two dimensional creature is just doing what all those who rely deceit always do - just bullying.

Let's get one thing straight here - a PCN is never more than an unproven allegation.

Nor will there be any genuine warrant of control - that is as certain as the sun rising this morning.

This two dimensional creature is just doing what all those who rely deceit always do - just bullying.

I get confused on this. Can council and Police issued parking notices ever end up with Magistrates for liability type enforcement if they remain unpaid ? What happens if people refuse to deal with them by dispute or to pay them ? People cannot be subject to any criminal sanction as such, but can they be summoned to Magistrates to say why they are not paying and if they did not attend face arrest for contempt of court ?