Rayners door step loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just wondering whether anyone has any information on Rayners who offered door step loans.

They seemed to operate in the Grimsby and Scun-thorpe areas, where one of my relatives lives and she's owes them around £1K.

She was recently told by the woman who collects her money each week that Rayners have sold up and got out of the business, but still has to pay.

My relative has had no information regarding this or anything else from Rayners in quite a long time.

I've searched the internet for information about the company and searched companies house for them,

and apart from a few leads which suggest they're no longer operating, there's not much information.

Could someone please advise me on how to tell my relative to proceed?

She has no issue paying her debt if it's still enforceable, but doesn't want to be paying for something which is no longer being collected or if the company has become defunct.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by scouserat
typo

Don't pay until something solid comes in the post. This woman could know the company is long gone but wants the money for her own back pocket. It's better safe than sorry.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just done a few checks.

They operate under the name J Rayner & Sons but there is two names.

J. RAYNER AND SONS (FINANCE) LIMITED

23 CURRY ROAD

GRIMSBY

SOUTH HUMBERSIDE

DN34 4EZ

Company No. 00655862

and

J. RAYNER AND SONS (GRIMSBY) LIMITED

136/140 FREEMAN STREET

GRIMSBY

DN32 7AN

Company No. 00399594

The second one has been dissolved. The first one is still showing as being active but for how long?

According to the FCA register, their permission to offer loans has lapsed which may explain why the first company is still active which may be for the purpose of collecting outstanding loans

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Silverfox, that's what's made me suspicious. My aunt said that two of her friends who have loans with them are actually quite badly in arrears and haven't had any reminder letters. It's looking a little suspicious because of other things my aunt has been told, as well. I'll probably take a drive past the offices that are on Curry Road for a run out at the weekend and see if they look as dilapidated as the Freeman Street office is on.

Trading standards should be informed, and if they're still taking payments then the FCA,FOS,

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just a quick update. I put the address into Google Maps on my phone, just to get the route so I could take a run out and it turns out that the Curry Road address is actually a housing estate (I wish I'd checked sooner now).

I've also received some information that's very interesting, but I'm wary about putting it on the forum at present, so could one of the site team please contact me just so I know whether it is acceptable to put on here.

Most of these loan companies are based from someone's spare room or from a redirection centre

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Many thanks for the private info. Unfortunately, the information has to be kept off open forum (for now?)

Is there any chance of collating any info that your relative has from old loans and new loans?

Before Rayners close up (if that IS the case) it may be worth sending a SAR to them to get the full account info. If they do close down, getting data may be harder.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE