Section 21 received for landlords new rent under assured periodic tenancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, wonder if you can advise please. Been reading several threads over the years and know your advice has been invaluable!!

I had unfortunately fell into rent arrears back in 2009 and was subsequently taken to court and given a suspended order. Kept up the repayments and paid the additional £100 agreed to pay off arrears. Anyway, about 4 months later split from husband and couldn't afford the addition, let alone the rent with 2 small children! The landlord subsequently applied for a possession order and shortly after, I received an eviction order.

At the eleventh hour I managed got benefits through on top of my wages and the landlord stopped eviction; this was back in 2010.

Ihave since paid what was overdue but I have sometimes struggled to pay on time and been late paying the rent.

Roll to current day. I get home tonight to find a notice from the agency on behalf of landlord. It's titled 'section 21 (4) (a). Assured short hold tenancy: notice requiring possession: periodic tenancy. On the next page it then has: landlord notice proposing a new rent under an assured periodic tenancy of premises situated in England.

I have a cover letter too from the agency saying the landlord wishes to enter into a new assured short hold tenancy from Aug with an increased rent of xxx (which is £25 more and I have lived here since 2005 so cannot complain!!)

Now my question is really, if I had a possession order granted and the agency have sent me this chance to renew my tenancy, does that mean it will cancel out the possession order and they would have to start again if I went into two months rent arrears? (Not that I plan to in anyway!!!!!)

Thank you for your advice!