CCS Collect letter for old tenant gas 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just hoping for a little guidance on how to deal with this company.. i moved into my flat over a year ago and changed over all suppliers. I then started getting odd letters saying there was an error on national records and i needed to confirm my name and also the name of the previous tennant. This sounded dodgy to me so i ignored these letters, 2 in total.

I then received a letter from CCs saying their client British Gas had instructed them to revover debt of £930 from this address and if i am not the person who was living at the property on the dates specified, i should have answered their letter.. I feel like i should carry on ignoring these letters as I do not want to give them any of my personal details, is this the right thing to do?

Thanks for any help!

yep correct ignore them

they've no legal powers whatsoever

its a utils bill

and nothing to do with you/

just remember that DCA'S are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you have those letters to hand and can you scan them up?

The first letter sounds like a phishing trip, but the second... I dont know.

DX is looking at this thread, any idea DX?

(Update) Well there you have it :)

Continue to ignore

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I don't have a scanner, I'll type itout.

or client has authorised us to recover the full amount detailed above for ELECTRIC supplied to ADDRESS ADDRESS between 17/03/12 and 03/04/14.

Although we have written previously to give you the opportunity to tell us if you were not the occupier at the time and therfore not liable for this debt, we appear not to have heard from you. If you were the occupier between these dates then we must ask you to call and discuss your inention to pay on 0844 412 0344.

If you were not the occupier and have simply forgotten to reply please call us so we may amend or records accordingly.

Sam Selby

Also when i moved in and spoke to British Gas i think we worked out there was an erroneous accoubt at this address. Should i contact them? I feel like they are clutching at straws so don't want to waste my time off i don't have to :)

CCS are just hoping to spoof a mug.

theres nowt you owe and theres not anyone can do to you

nor I suspect the reverse.

might be better to write or email BG if you are thinking of doing comms with them.

phone is no good unless you record the call.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks - British Gas are already aware of this and told me the account was closed as it was an erroneous meter. Bad show on their part for selling on a 'debt' that actually no one owes. Shocking to think that people actually end up paying these kind of things :( - thanks for all your help

Thanks - British Gas are already aware of this and told me the account was closed as it was an erroneous meter. Bad show on their part for selling on a 'debt' that actually no one owes. Shocking to think that people actually end up paying these kind of things :( - thanks for all your help

You should follow up with a complaint about their error causing you distress as well as a loss in dealing with it. Advise them that you will seek to involve the energy ombudsman, unless they can compensate you what you suffered. If people don't follow up with official complaints they will continue to get away with it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the debt has not been sold

util debts are never sold on.

dx

and they