Barclays bank - od charges and fees

persha50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - here's hoping!!!

I have a current account with Barclays bank (BB) which has an £2000+ overdraft which is always being used to the limit.

It only gets reduced for a couple of days when we get paid.

What is happening now with their new charges for every day the account is in overdraft is that my monthly fee has more or less doubled.

I just used to pay interest on the OD which was about £40 now its around £80/90, which I feel is very unfair.

I did contact them to ask about a refund (as you previous helped be get the charges back,

saying that I felt it was unfair and did not cost them that much) but now they are saying they cannot.

I know the only solution is to not have an OD but unfortunately that is not going to happen for a very very long time or if I win the lottery.

Any advice on this.

Kind regards

Sharon

BCOBS

gt you wages paid into to a parachute account

then suff 'em.

they cant hurt you anymore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Persha,

Do you think that you may fall into the category of Financial Difficulty.

If so, you could ask them to review your case as per this template letter about The Lending Code - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387436-Letter-for-consideration-regarding-Hardship-or-Financial-Difficulty

If you open a new a/c and "dump" the debt by leaving the o/draft unpaid, this will impact your CRA files adversely.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)