DVLA Provisional License

efes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've ordered a provisional license about 2 weeks ago and within the next 3-4 days after ordering it, I've received a letter in order to send back my passport, photo, signature etc. So I've sent it back on Friday and they've received it on Saturday morning (from what the royal mail tracking thingy says) and just wondering if anyone knows how long it would take them to send back my passport since I need it ASAP to get other things done as well. Also, if anyone has also sent their passport for them to verify, did you include an empty envelope for the special 1 day delivery with your address on it, for them to send back your passport? Did they even send back your documents in the envelope you've attached or did they send them back in a completely different one?

Thanks ;)

Hello there. I got this from their website.

Don’t send in your passport if you need it within the next month - consider delaying your driving licence application until after you’ve travelled.

It also says.

You’ll get your driving licence and identity documents separately.

Contact Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) Customer Enquiries if you don’t get your identity documents back within 3 weeks of receiving your driving licence.

I know it doesn't directly answer your question, but the process doesn't sound too speedy.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there. I got this from their website.

Don’t send in your passport if you need it within the next month - consider delaying your driving licence application until after you’ve travelled.

It also says.

You’ll get your driving licence and identity documents separately.

Contact Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) Customer Enquiries if you don’t get your identity documents back within 3 weeks of receiving your driving licence.

I know it doesn't directly answer your question, but the process doesn't sound too speedy.

HB

Thanks ;) Got my passport back yesterday and now have to wait up to 2 weeks for my license. You can close the thread now :)