Cabot/weightmans claimform - following SD set aside in 2013 - halifax Aqua Card ***Claim Discontinued***

Poppay2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to go over all the paperwork over the weekend. I'm at work at the present. I believe i do have a valid default notice , I did bring a file to work with me but it's the wrong one, it is for the other debt.

25th ack [aos] the claim by on mcol

to be honest you should do it ASAP

so off you go up on MCOL

create a new individusl user

note the number given

then log in

using the required info from the claimform

respond to a claim [AOS box]

defend all

leave juris unticked.

exit mcol

def due 4pm 5th nov.

do not miss it.

CCA is 12+2 working days. not 12 cal days

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

25th ack [aos] the claim by on mcol

to be honest you should do it ASAP

so off you go up on MCOL

create a new individusl user

note the number given

then log in

using the required info from the claimform

respond to a claim [AOS box]

defend all

leave juris unticked.

exit mcol

def due 4pm 5th nov.

do not miss it.

CCA is 12+2 working days. not 12 cal days

Thanks for this I will do this today. Havent been able to access the site from home, as the cable has been pulled out of the junction box once again which has severed my home internet connection.

I have been searching for documents relating to this issue and came across what is supposedly 'copy' of the CCA. Sent to me in May. I have to stress however that NOWHERE is there an indication that this is the CCA signed by me. There are NO signautures and NO dates on it. Basically a copy of Terms and Conditions.

unless the docs are as a result of a return following your CCA/CPR sent since the claimform was issued

then you can ignore previous paperwork as such.

if you signed up to this card prior to apr 2007

they will need to produce a true copy of the signed agreement

and all relevant T&C's to further their claim.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

unless the docs are as a result of a return following your CCA/CPR sent since the claimform was issued

then you can ignore previous paperwork as such.

if you signed up to this card prior to apr 2007

they will need to produce a true copy of the signed agreement

and all relevant T&C's to further their claim.

No, the documents are not a result of the duplicate CCA and recent CPR sent since the claim form was issued, as they were received with a statement way back in May. To date NO signed copy of the agreement has been sent.

Documents unapproved for now.

Can you please delete all personal information before uploading again

thanks

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Would have been useful to see that sooner, Poppay! Was that sent all together?

It may actually comply with a CCA request, as it has your name and address on two sets of T&Cs which, though undated, may be the T&Cs when the account was opened, and those when it was closed (though your name is spelled wrongly in the second set of T&Cs).

Were you living at the same address when the account was opened (and when was this?) as when it was closed? I need to double check on the requirements of the Waksman conditions in Carey v HSBC to see if that response complies with a CCA request.

What you need to do is check through those T&Cs and look for things that aren’t right – for example, if you opened the account in 2003, and the charges in the supposedly original T&Cs are stated at £12 rather than £25 for a missed payment, then there’s something amiss as charges didn’t come down till about 2006, I think, after OFT action.

I never noticed that my name and address was visible. I confess I was guilty of skimming the document. Yes I was living at that address at the time. I cannot recall exactly when I opened the account, I am going to have to dig around in the loft to see if I can find anything.

When you were sent this, was it made clear it was a reconstituted agreement rather than an original?

There are some very strange clauses in the first document.

The right to cancel is the oddly-named right of withdrawal at clause 6, which seems to be the same thing. It sounds archaic. However, this clause itself causes them an issue, because it states that you receive a copy of the agreement with the credit card. The current T&Cs – see here – don’t say that. See clause 9:

https://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/creditcards/help-guidance/terms-and-conditions/

That’s a problem for them. You should receive the agreement at the point of signing, not when you get the card.

They also seem to think they can end the agreement instantly with you repaying instantly – that falls foul of the CCA under which the agreement is supposedly rendered. Odd. The agreement should continue at the proper terms until any amounts are paid off. Again, the current T&Cs don’t say this.

If that agreement is to fall foul of s61 of the CCA and be irredeemably unenforceable, you’d need to show why, ie. a missing or incorrect required term, wrong APR, etc. So the date you opened the account is important, and hope it’s pre-2007...

Did the card change from BOS to Halifax at some point? Same company, just wondered if the product changed.

When you were sent this, was it made clear it was a reconstituted agreement rather than an original?

There are some very strange clauses in the first document.

The right to cancel is the oddly-named right of withdrawal at clause 6, which seems to be the same thing. It sounds archaic. However, this clause itself causes them an issue, because it states that you receive a copy of the agreement with the credit card. The current T&Cs – see here – don’t say that. See clause 9:

https://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/creditcards/help-guidance/terms-and-conditions/

That’s a problem for them. You should receive the agreement at the point of signing, not when you get the card.

They also seem to think they can end the agreement instantly with you repaying instantly – that falls foul of the CCA under which the agreement is supposedly rendered. Odd. The agreement should continue at the proper terms until any amounts are paid off. Again, the current T&Cs don’t say this.

If that agreement is to fall foul of s61 of the CCA and be irredeemably unenforceable, you’d need to show why, ie. a missing or incorrect required term, wrong APR, etc. So the date you opened the account is important, and hope it’s pre-2007...

Did the card change from BOS to Halifax at some point? Same company, just wondered if the product changed.

Hi DonkeyB

No, the covering letter does not state that it is a reconstituted agreement at all.

It is going to take me some time to find everything I have on this account as I will have to access the loft,

and also go through everything at home.

Although come to think of it, I thought it was always through Halifax.

I do have T&Cs somewhere I will have to hunt high and low.

I just need to find something that shows when I did take this out. as that is proving a tad elusive at present.

I have a letter from Aqua Card Services dated 28 Sept 2010 that advises that the account has been closed.

letter has bit at the bottom that says that Aqua Credit cards are issued by Bank of Scotland. Halifax is the address of Aqua Card Services.