work academy

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all .

my job center adviser as just referred me to the work academy. im nearly 60 yrs old .ive done the 4 weeks m.w.a . also finished the work program. i am doing some volunteer work for bhf. which i am going to stop now, now shes sending me on this ,does any one know how long it lasts for ,and what it entails. as i didnt take much in as we were both shouting at each other.thanks.

Oh dear, another "work in poundland" scheme.

From what I can determine, it lasts up to six weeks and can entail one or more of the following:

• Pre-employment training
  • A work experience placement
  • A guaranteed job interview

I would suggest that you request a mandatory reconsideration on the grounds that it is inappropriate considering your age and employment history.

Should you suffer the misfortune of having to provide free labour to a local business, feel free to name & shame them at http://www.boycottworkfare.org/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

:bcham:

Everything you didn't want to know about Sector based work academies;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sector-based-work-academies-employer-guide

As a work coach recently said to me (with :roll:) 'we have to be seen to be doing something. Even if the claimant's only months from claiming state retirement pension'!!

Margaret.

I went to a retail sector based work academy information session. I think what happens will vary depending on which provider is doing the academy. When I got there, I was asked to fill in an application form that asked for my personal details and what work experience I had. There were about 15 other people including me there. A woman from the job centre was also there and asked for my national insurance number and which jobcentre I attend. She also said that I would have to keep a job search diary while on the academy. Then a woman from the provider got us to do some exercises to test our communication skills and memory, which helped to break the ice and get us all talking. She mentioned some of the companies that would be involved in the academy, ie: marks and spencer, b&m, semi-chem. She also said that not everyone would be selected to continue onto the work academy, which consisted of 2 weeks training (from 9:30 to 3:30) and then a work placement of 4 weeks up to 30 hours per week. During the training a company rep would visit to give a talk on working in the retail sector. So, the information day is actually a selection day and it's up to the provider whether or not you will be doing it. Anyway, I told them it wasn't for me and they said that was okay. My jobcentre didn't know that I went there because I refered myself to it through another organisation that helps unemployed people.