Natwest Packaged Bank Account Mis-sold

Blondmusic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boyfriends Ex-wife took out a bank account before she left him in 2009. My boyfriend was a joint account holder and signed to say he was happy with this. The account was then changed to a packaged bank account (called a Gold Account) without my boyfriends knowledge.

The account was never used and it went overdrawn with charges until Natwest closed the account and added a Default to my boyfriends Credit File in April 2010 which we have only just found out about.

My boyfriend wrote to Natwest asking them to remove the default from his Credit File.

Natwest replied with a straight NO saying they had the paperwork signed by boyfriend and he had agreed to it.

He does not remember signing for a packaged account and I know they were regularly mis-sold (Natwest tried it with me until I changed bank).

What do we do next?

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

You ask for a copy of that agreement with his signature on.

My wife had one of these and it was a few years before I noticed. They are usually a big profit maker for banks as no one uses the facilities, and I still don't think they would cover the cost if they did.