armadillo71

POPLA - Statement by the Lead Adjudicator.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Following the Court of Appeal judgment in ParkingEye Limited -v- Beavis, an appeal has now been filed at the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom.

Before judgement was handed down by the Court of Appeal, we received applications for the adjournment of POPLA appeals, in cases where it was submitted that the Court’s decision would have an impact on the outcome of the POPLA appeal. These applications were granted. Assessors also adjourned cases of their own motion, where it appeared that there was no other issue upon which the appeal could properly be determined.

The above case having now been filed at the Supreme Court and after careful consideration, the same practice as outlined previously and as applied in the courts, will now be followed as regards all similar applications for adjournment. Further, this also means that where it appears to the Assessor that a POPLA appeal raises the same issue, and there is no other ground upon which the appeal can be determined, the matter will be adjourned.

http://www.popla.org.uk/ParkingEyeLimited-v-Beavis.htm

ParkingEye wanted and got, cases stayed at POPLA until the Beavis case was heard at the Court of Appeal.

They 'won' the at the Court of Appeal.

An appeal has now been filed at the Supreme Court.

I believe that PE have ' bitten themselves on the b*m'....

Could every appeal to POPLA potentially be stayed?

So, anyone appealing to POPLA for a decision on a ParklingLie ticket needs to do so on grounds other than GPEoL for the time being. Should be easy enough thumbup.gif

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

so, if every person who gets a PE NTK appeals on GPEOL they wont earn a penny for at least 2 years. I wonder if they have considered that? can their business survive that long without any cashflow.

so, if every person who gets a PE NTK appeals on GPEOL they wont earn a penny for at least 2 years. I wonder if they have considered that? can their business survive that long without any cashflow.

Together with getting booted off Retail Car Parks for the amount of complaints that retailers are getting, I hope they go out of business before it gets to the Supreme Courts.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

The other half has just got her PCN reminder from PE and it has on it about how they WON the case and recommended that we read about it on their website. Haven't bothered, just sent of the appeal using GPEOL.

Whilst I hate myself for doing so.... Giving Parking Lie the benefit of the doubt for the moment, what's the date on the reminder? Barry Beavis only filed his appeal with the Supreme Court on 3rd June, so I'd say that if it's dated on or before 3rd June they couldn't have mentioned the appeal.

Anything dated after 3rd June (so 4th onwards) could see Parking Lie snorkeling in brown stuff should they be stupid enough to proceed to court.

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

Reminder was dated before appeal date. PE still have it on their website though as of 5 minutes ago.

And?

they arent the law