• Tweets

• I would have sent it to the eviction team as they are the ones threatening you.................  guess you'll just have to wait and see if complaints pass it on.   You could always email a copy to the eviction team if you have their email add.
    • Hey all done a lot of forum searching etc and im trying to get all my documents in order to send off the n244 set aside ccj form,.  So far.....i have done the below but feel like im not doing it right?   In the County Court at Stockport Claim No:    LOWELL SOLICITORS Claimant And   MR  Defendant   Witness statement 1.    I understand that the Claimant obtained a Default Judgement against me as the Defendant in JUNE 2019. However, this claim form has not been served at my current address and I thus was not aware of the Default Judgement until September 2019 when I was doing a routine check on my credit file. I understand that this Claim was served at an old address 15 Armadale Close. However, I moved to a new address in September 2011 and I moved from 15 Armadale close in 2008. In support of this I can provide confirmation from Stockport County Council showing my updated details for the purposes of paying Council tax. 2.    I requested a sar from Lowell solicitors which shows them contacting me at my current address and not needing to contact an address where I never took credit or moved form 11 years ago. 3.     It is denied that the Defendant owes the Claimant £3154.09 as stated in their particulars of on the 15/05/2019 4.    I have never received agreement & default notice from Lowell solicitors ltd. 5.     On the 12/11/2019 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell Suitors pursuant to section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee. 6.    I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out. 7.    In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment. Statement of Truth The contents of my statement are true to the best of my knowledge and belief Signed:  Dated: 12/11/2019     also     IN THE STOCKPORT COUNTY COURT Claim No. F1HK1E62 BETWEEN: LOWELL SOLICITORS Claimant – and – Defendant   _________________________________ DRAFT ORDER _________________________________   Upon reading the defendant’s application dated 15th May 2019 It is ordered that: 1. The judgment dated 18/06/2019 be set aside. 2. The Defendant has filed a witness statement enclosed with application 3. The Claimant do pay the Defendant’s costs of this application to the sum of £255 4. The Claimant has permission to file and serve a reply if so required.          
    • Have a look at FOS on trustpillooot someone has just made a nice post about 4 hours ago:)
    • I believe they said they have ceased trading but the company itself is still active. I contacted companies House and also the insolvency register. I believe they have lied to get us off their tracks. Emc were previously Surrey First Cars. I have been doing a lot of investigating lately. I also know as of 9th October a new company has been registered for car sales at the EMC premises. However, as I mentioned chobham motors is still trading which is owned by Crown motor.    Edit- just found my agreement with wmsgroup for third party insurance. The dealer name on it actually says EMC CAR SALES/COBHAM CENTRAL GARAGE   
    • I don't know your circumstances, but I predict they will tell you its not mis-sold and encourage you to take it to the FOS knowing full well they have a cosy relationship with the financial institutions.
  • Our picks

SabreSheep

Can A JSA Claiment have someone with them at their sign on meetings?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

Quick question, one which would be helpful for many others as well.

1. Can someone have a friend with them when they go to the Job center to sign on? EG to act as a witness?

2. What part of the regulations allow this?

I am pretty sure the answer is yes, just need the regs to back me up when I go with my friend next. Today he opened his claim and I was refused permission to go up with him.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Have a read of this it will help see attachment

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

... take along a friend who is 6'4", a bodybuilder and who has a death stare. Nothing like a bit of subtle intimidation for the JC clerk :)

Thank you all kindly.

Now as the representative, can I make a complaint, or does the claimant have too?

The situation was that the claimant needed to go upstairs, I went to go through and I stated that I was with "him"

She said no, you have to wait down here.

No questions asked etc

I later asked for details to make a complaint to the center manager and explained why, she said I had no right to go up there. I explained that the regulations allow me to. She got quite rude about it.

Question is, as the non claimant do I do anything this time, or just take that handy document that I just printed out, with me next Wednesday :)

Along with the universal toolkit etc.

To quote a song, "I predict a riot"

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

:SabreSheep:

Your prediction of a riot may well come to pass. At the very least, there'll be lots of faff and fluster while the work coach goes to seek guidance from on high. Here's some more ammunition;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/accompanied_at_the_job_centre#incoming-632922

(You need the fourth attachment)

:laser:

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a formal complaint over this cos you don't need the stress. Complaints to Jobcentreplus are hard work for little, if any, reward. However if you want to complain; as your friend's representative, you'll need written third party authority from your friend to act on his behalf.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thanks Margaret.

Im determined that my friend will not get ripped off like he did years ago last time he signed on when he was sanctioned, won his appeal and then they closed his claim and refused to backdate the sanction etc. Basically it meant that he lost all faith in the system and has existed pennyless since then.

Im determined to get im back in the system and back to a postion where he can get a job :)

Also bear in mind that as an interested party and on a previous occasion been subject to a worker not correctly following the rules, you may wish to state that you want the interview held in private and recorded. Again special rules apply and this will need to be asked for in advance so that the interview room is prepared and available, this will save further delays.

See here https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/recording_meeting_with_jobcentre

Then you can use this information at a later date if it is needed.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.