Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Applied for finance for a car through Zuto last year, who used Moneyway as the finance company.   Zuto have their own dealers across the country you can use to finance cars or go to your own dealer.   We found a local dealer G5 cars about 4 miles away through Zutos own website and purchased  a car on finance for 4k last March C4 picasso VTR+. We have been making payments on the car no issues and it all went through at the time without complaint.   Zuto came back to us this year and said would you like to upgrade your car and we had preapproved finance.   We saw a car with the same dealer so went back to them and they offered us 2.5k for the car part ex which the rest of the finance was £2,400, we had to make one more payment to moneyway in June and did that and now have the new car and G5 currently have the old car up for sale now on their site for £3,460.   We got a call from Moneyway last week saying we missed a DD payment and the DD had been stopped. Explained what had happend and who we spoke to last month in moneyway to find out the final costs of the car and what payment to make. They seemed ok with this and heard nothing till this weekend.   They have sent a letter with a missed payment notice attached and asking for the £2586 for the cost of the car with missed payment costs added.   My wife is going to chase this up again. Who is responsible for the costs of the car? should G5 have given us the £2,500 or would they have paid moneyway this money or zuto who are the broker? G5 work with Zuto and all the other finance companies so I assume as a dealer they would have paid the car off to the finance company.   Nobody has explained to us when handing the car over who pays the final bill?
    • Not only that. We are apparently going to throwing a load of pfiser/moderna away Irritating to me as I have trying hard so hard to get one   NHS urged to redistribute near-expiry vaccines as take-up slows in young | Vaccines and immunisation | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Doctors across England raise alarm as 170,000 Moderna doses at risk of expiry within fortnight     Oh and this will be a gov/PHE decision not NHS
    • I'm considering my options as I cannot see any way to avoid having to pay them. So, either I email CST offering an amount in full and final settlement, or monthly payments. In either case, is it advisable to enclose a copy of my financial situation (possibly use the paperwork they included in the LOC?) in support of said offer?   Step Change have suggested a repayment plan to cover my credit card debts, but separately suggested I make a monthly offer to CST/Centrica to cover that 'debt' first.
    • Talking in general terms (especially as I don;t know the details of the type of murmur they've found, nor do I need to know to explain about the lack of correlation between ECG and murmur!)   Murmurs are related to flow (uneven / turbulent flow -> noise made). Many are innocent and get found incidentally.   Echo-cardiography looks at flow, (using ultrasound and the 'doppler effect') so they'll (hopefully!) 'see' why there is a murmur (I say 'see', but the device 'hears' but converts that into a false colour picture, red and blue, of the flows).   ECG's (electro- rather than echo-cardiography) instead looks at the electrical signal associated with making the heart pump.   Someone can have an abnormal ECG with no murmur (the electrical signal is disordered, but the flow itself isn't turbulent enough to give even a slight murmur). There are LOTS of people walking around with AF (atrial fibrillation, a very common ECG abnormality) and no discernible murmur.   Someone can have a murmur (abnormal flow, indicative of a problem, or 'innocent' and merely an incidental finding), but a normal ECG. So, never having anything picked up on an ECG doesn't rule in or rule out a murmur.   (For sake of completeness, and not suggesting this is the situation in your case!), a structural problem giving rise to a murmur can be significant enough to affect the electrical conduction, so a murmur and an abnormal ECG can be related. Equally, just because someone has a murmur and if they also have an abnormal ECG doesn't mean they are related ...... the ECG abnormality (or the murmur!) could have been there first, and they aren't related.   So, one might influence the other, but it is nowhere close to being 'causal link'.   So, expect an ECG (if you haven't had one recently) and the echo-cardiography - almost always a 'trans-thoracic echo' (TTE) to start. Trans-thoracic: they look (using the ultrasound head) from the outside of your chest ; like an ultrasound in pregnancy, except from the chest rather than belly!   This gives a good enough view much of the time. Only if they don't get a good enough view (or for some specific conditions where the TTE doesn't give enough detail to rule them in or out) do they then need to consider a trans-oesophageal echo (TOE) - most of the time (for a murmur discovered incidentally, and not found when looking for a specific problem) the TTE is good enough.   You may get your answer the same day, or they might want the tapes of the echo reviewed by a cardiologist ; not getting your answer the same day doesn't mean there is a problem.  
    • Discover this great opportunity for a Retail Traineeship by the Northern Training Academy Ltd and #CreateYourFutureView the full article
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Royal Sun Alliance steering customers to preffered specialists


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm new to all this type of stuff so I hope this is of interest to some of you. I have recently heard from a friend of mine that his local vet has been told that all royal sun alliance backed policy holders will now have to have pre approval for specialist treatment and they can only go to a chosen RSA supplier or there will be financial consequences in addition to the excess.


IS it just me or does this sound like they are going down the same route as the motor insurance trade where you have to go to a "preferred supplier" and not the one you want to use.


What I don't know is how good the "chosen" supplier is and whether or not they have come to some form of deal with these suppliers on price etc.


A bit worrying when you consider we are talking about pets here and not cars.


Does anyone else know anything more about this?


Companies include More Than, John Lewis, Argos, Tesco and M&S.



Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose that they have to consider this type of action because otherwise pet insurance would not be economic to provide. Vets bills can be extortionate and they do vary. Sometimes people want to use the vet where their pet may be registered, but this may not be a vet where Insurers are happy with the fees being charged.


My advice from talking to many people on this subject is to get insurance from your vets practice. They have a relationship with the insurers they use, so the fees being charged are unlikely to be challenged and also the vet would complete the claims paperwork. It may cost more in premiums, but I think you get much better peace of mind.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...