mahul04

PRA Judge & Priestley Claim Form MBNA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1463 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have just recevied letter from MBNA saying that they are are starting legal proceeding with a company called Optima legal.

I have just been sent A tottaly uncompliant copy of what mbna claims is the original credit agreement .

They have already started defaults on me.

any advice.....:D:D:D

have been sent a letter from mbna threating legal action with a company called optima legal... anybody had any dealings with them before ?????

mbna has taken three months to send me a bad copy of my application form with tiny terms on the back :p:eek: anyone having the same problems of constant phone calls:lol: :lol::lol:

If you read any number of these threads you'll see that you aren't alone in facing these problems and yes i can confirm that i've been through all that you talk about.

Best plan of attack is to scan in your agreement and post it up to check for enforceability and if it was properly executed.

have been sent a letter from mbna threating legal action with a company called optima legal... anybody had any dealings with them before ?????

mbna has taken three months to send me a bad copy of my application form with tiny terms on the back :p:eek: anyone having the same problems of constant phone calls:lol: :lol::lol:

I requested my CCA back in May. MBNA have still not complied. Back in about July I was sent a letter by Optima. I replied to infrom them that the account had now been put in dispute by MBNA. They gave me another weak response saying that my correspondence should be with MBNA not themselves (Optima). I have heard nothing from Optima since.

thanks it nice to see i am not alone ...was there a piticular letter you used to optima legal

thanks it nice to see i am not alone ...was there a piticular letter you used to optima legal

You are most certainly not alone. I know how stressful it is to hear from a 'legal' firm too. Nope, I just wrote them a polite letter filling them in on the situation and attached a copy of my original request for the CCA.

mbna keep phoning my work and hasseling everyone there.. 10 times a day and phoning my house 10 times a day aswell as the 50 calls to my mobile... any sugeestions anyone?????:?:?:?

or any have the same problems:mad::mad::eek:

cheers for the advice,Was there a peticular letter you used to snd to the office of fair trading and mbna?????. have not recorded the calls but have the ones on my mobile only.... any mor good advice

Vint,

They are reasonable to deal with as far as I can see

No they aint, worst bunch of solicitors i have ever came across.

I have just sent into court my N244 asking the judge to issue proceedings for comtempt of court.

Complaint to the SRA also on its way to them.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

ok there is quite a bit i cannot say until it has been dealt with in court but u can get the gest on my thread called help go to page 65 cant post a link at the mo as im using fone browser

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Don't know how much help this'll be or even if it's going to stop the calls I was getting permanently, but anything's worth a try.

I got a letter off them (about 4 months after I wrote to them telling them to communicate only in writing) stating that they would like to do this, but that I:-

• don't answer letters
  • had never answered any of their calls, leading to repeat calls and that this did not constitute harassment
  • was ignoring them

I wrote back immediately stating that:-

• I do answer their letters (as could be proved by them reading this one)
  • I did answer their calls a number of times (and have proof from the SAR they sent me that they have noted this, but that I wouldn't answer security.
  • I had stopped answering their calls due to their dreadful lack of understanding of the Data Protection Act and their insistence that I answer their security, which would be in breach of the Data Protection Act because they need to prove their identity to me.
  • That an average of 25 phone calls a day is, indeed, harassment as it prevents me from using my phone line that I pay for, for my purposes.

I've not had any more phone calls since they signed for this letter. It is early days (only about 2 weeks) but must be the longest I've gone without a call from them in about 3 months.

Hi Mahul, there are many a member of CAG on here who will help you through the process of requesting a copy of your agreement and checking its enforceability. From what I gather, a majority of their agreements are unenforceable. They try to rape and pillage their customers by extorting as much money out of them as possible by increasing their interest rates to over 34% pa. Get after them and get your account in dispute as soon as

Hi everyone,

Took out MBNA card in 2002 -

got into trouble with payments and sent CCA request to MBNA April 2009.

Been through several DCAs since and always fought them off but

now have received a letter from Judge & Priestley and then, swiftly afterwards, court papers from Northampton CC with a claim from them.

All I have ever had from MBNA is the attached copy of my application form and t&cs.

I have no idea if this would stand up in court.

have no idea what to do next.

Please help!

Edited by dx100uk
no need for attachments of old CCA return -dx

Hi thanks for your generous help. . Please can you check out my agreement which they have sent is valid. . As only then I can move forward. . Thanks

Please can you complete the link provided above by Ford.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi everyone,

Took out MBNA card in 2002 -

got into trouble with payments and sent CCA request to MBNA April 2009.

Been through several DCAs since and always fought them off but

now have received a letter from Judge & Priestley and then, swiftly afterwards, court papers from Northampton CC with a claim from them.

All I have ever had from MBNA is the attached copy of my application form and t&cs.

I have no idea if this would stand up in court.

have no idea what to do next.

Please help!

Name of claimant. Pra group

date of issue . 28 may 2015

Pituclars. .

1.The claimant claims the sum of 21 881.84 for debt+interest.

On 26/06/2002 the defendant entered into an agreement with Mbna for a credit card ref ########

On 30/01/ 2010 the defended defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding amount balance of 17385.44..

On 01/03/10 the debt of 17385.44 was assigned to varde investment (iIreland ) Ltd

name change t.. who itself assigned the debt to aktiv kapital portfolio as zug branch on 03/03/1212

who then assigned the debt to pra group uk Ltd on 31/12/ 14

notices of assignment were sent to the defendant accordance with s136law of property act 1925

And the claimant claims

1 the sum of 17385.44

2 statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the court act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 3/3/1212 to 27/515 44960.40and there after at a daily rate of 3.81 until judgement or sooner payment

The claim is for a credit card debt

original agreement entered June 2002

The claim has been issued byby debpurchaser

I was aware of the assignment

I did receive notice of assignment

I received a default notice

no have not been revising notice of default sum.. As far as I can remember

around 2009 I stopped paying

no dispute with the original creditor other than my CCA request which was sent on 07 April 2009

This is all the information from the summons from Northampton CC should I send letter cpr3114 to judge and priestly

do a cca request to the current claimant asap. see what comes back re that.

and a cpr 31.14 to the sols on the claim form. edit it to suit.

stick to court deadlines.

IMO

:-):rant:

do a cca request to the current claimant asap. see what comes back re that.

and a cpr 31.14 to the sols on the claim form. edit it to suit.

stick to court deadlines.

I have already sent a CCA to the current dc a. . They sent a copy of the agreement which I posted up. . Need to know if it's valid but not sure. . Please help as days are going past .. not sure what to put in the defence colum of the court papers ?

can do things online MCOL.

note the timelines mentioned in that link i posted. if defending, then have 33 days from the date of claim form to submit a defence, provided acknowledge within 14 to defend.

do the cpr letter then, see what that produces.

in the meantime, have a read of related success threads.

cant see any attachments on thread?

IMO

All uploads must be in PDF format...and any identifiable data removed first.Uploads unapproved

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

can do things online MCOL.

note the timelines mentioned in that link i posted. if defending, then have 33 days from the date of claim form to submit a defence, provided acknowledge within 14 to defend.

do the cpr letter then, see what that produces.

in the meantime, have a read of related success threads.

cant see any attachments on thread?

Have just received a reply from jjp regarding the cpr3114

it reads

we have forwarded your correspondence onto our clients in order for them to request the documentation from the original creditor . Please kindly confirm we cannot advise a date as to when the documentation is to be received at this stage ..

What should I do next... Please.

sort out your attachments as above

not much to do re cpr request, see what they come back with. if not in time re defence, then mention it briefly.

have you acknowledged service with intent to defend?

IMO

sort out your attachments as above

not much to do re cpr request, see what they come back with. if not in time re defence, then mention it briefly.

have you acknowledged service with intent to defend?

Yes I have acknowledged defence will post up a proper copy of the original agreement will try to make it larger. . How long do I have to submit my defence. . 28 days from the letter which is dated 28 may. . How do I submit my defence. .??