UKPC £100 Charge!!! How do I appeal. Received Final Reminder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My wife parked in a bay 'reserved for a nearby college' on a large private car park in Birmingham City Centre. She had displayed a valid parking ticket for parking in the car park, (still have the ticket) but just mistakenly parked in a reserved space.

She did not notice the signs stating that these bays were for the use of Matthew Boulton College only until she returned to the car to find the parking charge ticket. Only then did she notice the sign high up. Incidentally, the college was closed on this day as it was during Easter Holidays.

They have sent photographic evidence, basically my car with Reg Plate. The car park is virtually empty!! Surely the cost of my wife's mistake does not resemble the charge!!

I have read various ways of dealing with this. I have ignored all contact but they have now sent a 'Final Reminder' to me (Registered Keeper).

Is there anything I need to do? Any advice appreciated.

Many Thanks

when did this take place

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello

My wife parked in a bay 'reserved for a nearby college' on a large private car park in Birmingham City Centre. She had displayed a valid parking ticket for parking in the car park, (still have the ticket) but just mistakenly parked in a reserved space.

She did not notice the signs stating that these bays were for the use of Matthew Boulton College only until she returned to the car to find the parking charge ticket. Only then did she notice the sign high up. Incidentally, the college was closed on this day as it was during Easter Holidays.

They have sent photographic evidence, basically my car with Reg Plate. The car park is virtually empty!! Surely the cost of my wife's mistake does not resemble the charge!!

I have read various ways of dealing with this. I have ignored all contact but they have now sent a 'Final Reminder' to me (Registered Keeper).

Is there anything I need to do? Any advice appreciated.

Many Thanks

you aint read on here to ignore it!!. info is top notch on hear.

In my experience UKPC don't do court action

what will probably happen is that you will receive a few letters from a powerless Debt Collector probably Debt Recovery Plus

which will be full of pathetic threats but actually means nothing and then no more.

However what you should do is respond to the Notice to Keeper without admitting who was the driver

and appeal on the grounds that you bought a ticket and you want a POPLA reference code.

It matters not what appeal you use as they will reject it anyway,

then appeal to POPLA on the grounds of the charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss (the photo evidence shows the car park was empty)

and there is no contract between UKPC and landowner to permit UKPC to apply financial charges to users of the car park.

Then sit back and wait ignoring everything except stamped official court papers.

Cheers for advice

Will write to them and wait and see. I can't see how parking between the wrong white lines,especially how empty the cark park was, can justify that charge!!

Will post any updates!!

• 1 month later...

I wrote to UKPC appealing against parking charge, not revealing driver of car but received no reply or acknowledgement. I have now received a letter off DRP (Debt Recovery Plus) demanding £160.00. Do I need to reply saying that I appealed against this charge or do I just ignore this? It says that if I do not pay by 16th July then they will recommend court action.

Any advice will be appreciated.

I wrote to UKPC appealing against parking charge, not revealing driver of car but received no reply or acknowledgement. I have now received a letter off DRP (Debt Recovery Plus) demanding £160.00. Do I need to reply saying that I appealed against this charge or do I just ignore this? It says that if I do not pay by 16th July then they will recommend court action.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Do not respond to, or worry about DR+. They can only write begging letters.

You will receive more letters from them asking for varying amounts of money, then some more from Zenith doing the same.

They have no authority or power to do anything but write letters.

Only come back if you hear from UKPC or their solicitor.

no, leave it as it may make it look like you give a damn about them if you chase this up. As said earlier they have a limited time to accept or reject your appeal and then they have no right to consider keeper liability. I would leave them to make their mistakes and then if they do come back with a credible threat remind them that they havent obeyed the law so you are not liable. Wording provided when needed.