Who owns my debt - Advanced Payment Solutions Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning all,

Thanks for your recent help with my Lowell/Carter/Frederickson/Coop issue. I'm still waiting on the outcome.

While dealing with the above, I requested a copy of my CRA file from Noddle and discovered that I have a default account with APS Ltd for £178.00. Date of default is 31/08/2012.

Now APS did a prepaid credit card which i applied for ages ago and used for travel within Europe. Basically load required funds and use it instead of my main bank card.

I suspect the charges are either a delayed transaction, or charges/interest of some sort.

My questions;

- Judging from my recent experience, how do I find out who currently owns the debt? Is there a template letter I should use and what am I asking for? Current owner? Total amount? Statements? CCA?

- I haven't heard from APS at all! I wouldn't have known if I didn't check my file. What can I do about this?

- I am volunteering to resolve the issue. In your opinion, can I negotiate a lower settlement figure or am I better off paying the whole thing? Would paying a lower figure affect how the settlement is recorded with the CRA?

Apologies for the lengthy post.

You should go by your credit record I.e APS own the debt. If they have sold it, then you should have been advised.

Suggest that you contact APS to find out how the debt has occurred and make a formal dispute if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

When the thread is moved to the appropriate forum, how does one know what or where to find it?

It appears in the User CP all subscribed threads...and any posts will still trigger email notification.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the response.

So what do I do about the entry on my CRA file.

Interestingly enough, this debt only shows up on Nuddle (callcredit) and not Credit expert (Experian)

Any ideas?

Nothing you can do unless the info is incorrect.

Your saving grace is that it is on Noddle, which aren't as quick at updating info on their files as Experian and Equifax are.

Once they are outside of the time limit of 12+2 days to send you the agreement, then there is nothing they can do, and you most certainly do NOT

tell them that they have failed to respond.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!