You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello to all.  Any help or advice is greatly received.                      I traded in my car almost a year ago and purchased a second hand kia optima 2013 with around 75000 on the clock, and 127 a month in HP payments. After 5 and a half months of normal use the engine seized, the reverse camera and sensors no longer worked and the passenger seat belt alarm continuously sounds at various times when no one is seated in it. I had also needed to renew pads and a brake calliper almost 4 months after purchase. I had not raised concerns to the brake components as they would be considered wear and tear.                     Being in the industry I dropped the oil and found it to be extremely thick and probably not circulating to the top of the engine, i.e. the oil had not been renewed in a very long time (there is no oil light on the dash or any indication of fault or maintenance due) I retained the oil filter, and opened a resolver case, with tall the faults listed.                 Upon contacting the dealer and informing him of what happened he indicated he wanted no responsibility towards rectifying the problem as close brothers were technically the owner. I approached close brothers (18th February)who started the ball rolling and approached dealer again who formally by letter refused liability.                              Close brothers then sent an engineer to inspect my listed problems, this was visual as the vehicle will not move, after three weeks the report was with my case handler.  I requested this report twice but have yet to see it.  Close brothers informed me that the report was inconclusive and they would need to move to a more through inspection.             At this stage the pandemic hit, at no point did I stop work and had to continue on charity and the diminished public transport to commute to work (140 miles a week)  no courtesy car or rental was provided.  I maintained contact with close brothers throughout, and was given the same update, they were waiting for the engineering firm to do an assessment but they were only doing key workers . Despite me telling them I was a key worker, nothing was done until the easing of the lockdown. I was informed that ACE vehicle inspection would contact me to collect the oil filter.                             Eventually this happened on the 18th of June and I phoned each week to chase. I was informed on the 30th that the report was showing on the portal and my case handler (simon) would look at it and call me back. I received no call and called on the 1st with the same responses. Today (2nd July) I got Simon who tells me that the report is showing on the portal but when he went to open it, it was not there and he would chase the engineering firm and get back to me in a couple of hours.                     I believe I am being taken for a mug now and am unsure weather I should escalate my revolver case to the regulator or any other advice, I'm therefore at this forums mercy any advice will be greatly received. 
    • Yeah I think you're probably right. I cancelled it anyway because the balance was due on the 10th July and I thought if I held out for an alternative and rejected it I might loose my deposit. Virgin are not answering calls from anyone not flying within 14 days by which time  the balance due date will be well past. I didn't want to pay the balance just to keep my deposit and get it all back in 4 months. Better to cancel the whole thing and get my deposit back now.   The holiday is in October so I think it will be fine to travel by then. I still plan to take a holiday on the same dates but I doubt I will get 10 days in the Caribbean (or anywhere long haul) for the same price so will probably go somewhere in Europe. It's just frustrating when I see basically the same holiday advertised on the same dates but for 50% more than the one they just cancelled.   I'm not too worried about Covid 19 and plan to travel as soon as the quarantine rules are lifted.
    • Welcome to the forum. I don't think you are breaching any forum rules at all and we are pleased that you have come to us and posted up your story. However, you have posted your story in a very solid block of text. It's extremely difficult for people to read and it tends to dampen down their enthusiasm when otherwise there would like to help you. Please would you mind posting your story in a well spaced and punctuated form and you will get lots of enthusiastic help. Thanks
    • MPs told that Brits are being refused interviews in Europe because of Brexit.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/job-interviews-british-citizens-europe-brexit-a9593066.html
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1855 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

can anyone help me with an issue on the amount of redress due from a credit card PPI which FOS have found in my favour against RBS for an old Natwest Card.

the amount offered seems low

Thanks

J

you'll have to upload

your sheet and their please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi

Sorry for delay in getting back

see attached

My calculation came to £5358.84, if I used the different interest rates at the varying times, eg used a different sheet for interest rate period and used a bought foraward line to maintain the running total. So I had sheets in chronolgical order, if that makes sense.

They have also told me that where they dont have the actual monthly interest rate they have used the lowest figure ie. 1.46%

Thanks

Edited by angry at rbs

you'll need the full breakdown that's pretty non sensical to me with out statement figures

wheres you sheet please?

dx

the FOS running sheets I have done at the different int rates

Thanks

sorry this one didnt come through before

Asked for a breakdown but thats all they sent me

Thanks

J

you could use an avg in one copy of the running sheet

however as you don't have all the statements

then the fos running cannot correctly work as it need a running balance.

you'll have to use the foscisheet to get an idea

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

the int rate cant be that either

you need to avg the monthly int rate

then convert it to APR using

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/apr-rate-converter.php

wont carrying forward the running balance on to a new running sheet work?

J

not as far as I remember the fosrunning needs an accurate balance from the first statement to work

dx

The first statement had a closing balance of 70

I originally did a single page but them realised that the interest rate varied. Is there any way of amending the formula in the column calculating the ppi running total to incorporate the different rates, even if that means changing the formula in the individual cells of that column?

J

Ps do appreciate your help, donation will be on its way

Edited by angry at rbs

if you have all the statements from day one

give it a go with an avg rate

I'm so sure you've filled cols 1 and 2 in correctly either

monthly spend and payment

should be in the same row for that month

in other words

monthly spend should be what you spent in that month

monthly payment should be what you paid that month

then the PPI from the same statement goes in the PPI col for the same month

read the notes