Royal Mail lost my item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A parcel was sent to me on 22/05/15 and I think the royalmail delivery driver stole this parcel.

It was sent with a track and trace, the silly driver wrote delivered but no signature on the 26/05/15 but nothing was personally delivered to me. Royal mail is now a [edited] company as it employs [edited] drivers.

This is frustrating and a bit worrying, I bet royalmail will not investigate the driver. I even went to the delivery office and the female attendant was just so rude. I asked to speak with the manager and all he could say was there was nothing that could be done.

I have also called the Royal Mail customer service but nothing is being done as well. A parcel worth almost a hundred pounds has disappeared just like that. Strange delivery company!

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative tems removed and paras added.

For a package to the value of £100.00 your sender should have sent it using special delivery or one of the Royal Mail Package rates that cover that value. Your sender will be able to submit a claim and presumably will refund you if this was a purchase.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Does it matter, I believe track and trace should also be a means of delivery for a parcel and regardless of the type of postage, parcels are not meant to be stolen at all by any delivery driver. It makes customers loose trust.

Even those that were sent by special delivery guaranteed before 9am or 1pm are missing till date so this is not the first time Royal Mail drivers have been stealing my parcels. It's just frustrating and unfair.

Hi

Signed for delivery only covers you up to £50 if the parcel is lost. Did the post office staff not mention this? If not, they should have done.

With normal post RM are exempt from anyone taking legal action however as you paid for the extra service, you could try getting the full amount out of them. RM will of course deny liability but there is at least one case here where a CAGger took legal action and won based on a similar set of circumstances.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This is the thread I mentioned

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?392591-Me-V-s-Royal-Mail-(advice-needed!)-**-Successful-Outcome-**&p=4244272&viewfull=1#post4244272

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The point is being somewhat missed here I think. Only the sender can make a claim for the missing parcel and AFAIK the OP was not the sender.

If the sender claims the Post Office does not have a leg to stand on if it was a signed for service. Personally I have argued with Royal Mail when Recorded Delivery items have 'disappeared'. Royal Mail always gave me the run around when I tried to claim for them but when push came to shove they paid out as they could not provide a signature. Often I was simply told it must have been delivered by being shoved through the letter box. But when it was pointed out I had paid for a signature on delivery and asked them for their definition of Recorded Delivery they backed down.

Unfortunately the Post Office get away with shoddy services because most will just give up when faced with their delaying tactics and prevarication or happily accept the book of stamps they are sent to shut them up.

I believe track and trace should also be a means of delivery for a parcel and regardless of the type of postage, parcels are not meant to be stolen at all by any delivery driver. It makes customers loose trust.

Even those that were sent by special delivery guaranteed before 9am or 1pm are missing till date so this is not the first time Royal Mail drivers have been stealing my parcels. It's just frustrating and unfair.

If you can reasonably demonstrate that packages being sent to you are being stolen by a local postman, call the security team on 0207 239 6655.Further details can be found here: https://www.myroyalmail.com/working-royal-mail/security

As has already been pointed out, claims for lost packages can only be initiated by the sender, not the recipient.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi

Signed for delivery only covers you up to £50 if the parcel is lost. Did the post office staff not mention this? If not, they should have done.

With normal post RM are exempt from anyone taking legal action however as you paid for the extra service, you could try getting the full amount out of them. RM will of course deny liability but there is at least one case here where a CAGger took legal action and won based on a similar set of circumstances.

I am the receiver not the sender, I'll have to claim although royalmail might not want to pay what the item worth but I am ready to take it up legally as I have had enough of their drivers stealing parcels.

Please be very careful about making accusations that you might not be able to prove.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You are on a losing wicket - as it is the sender not the recipient that must make the claim. Under the Distance Selling Regulations it is up to the sender to ensure an item gets to you and if it does not for them to refund you. So any action is up to the sender not you.

Unless you can actually prove a postman has stolen your items you are leaving yourself open to action particularly when you make these accusations on an open forum. You being convinced your items have been stolen is not proof and this will not be seen as proof either as what you state is simply deemed as hearsay. You will get nowhere with this in any legal action contemplated either unless you have actual evidence to show the item has been stolen and by whom.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Track and trace can be either signed for or not. As pointed out earlier, compensation needs to be claimed by the sender. And Royal Mail does get false accusations (as well as genuine ones) of theft, misdelivery etc.