Please can someone help as im in a terrible panic !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a breakdown in May 2014 after working for 12 years without a break

I am sufferring from severe anxiety disorder, have panic attacks, at times agraphobia.

I also suffer from back problems after a double slipped disc some time ago.

I have received CBT, Intensive CBT and been referred to a psycologist as i have intense problems sleeping

and had a number of suicide attempts which I am glad wernt successful. (although at times i wish they were)

I was signed on to ESA by my doctor in May 2014 and as of yet, even tho i have telephoned, i have not had my WCA from ATOS 13 months later.

Today I received a letter from the jobcentre asking me to attend a work focussed interview to discuss the possibility of me going into paid work.

I dont know what to do.

I am terrified to attend as i cant cope with face to face situations and the thought of going to work

and letting people down or finding out my secret is mortifying.

I go out, by cab to help my daughter who is 19 and suffers from severe mental illness,

my breakdown was due initially to her illness and trying to support her whilst working.

I was sacked from my job after making an error which cost them thousands of pounds on the day my daughter tried to throw herself under a train.

I was a pub manager so my work was also my home and we lost that too and was homeless for 9 months 1 month of that my daughter being in a coma.

My doctor is supportive but my world is filled with fear and now im terrified i will lose the small amount of benefit i receive

if i dont go to an appointment to find work which my doctor and no esa doctor has deemed me capable of doing.

I dont know how to handle this and writing this in the vain attempt to get some advice as google searches are coming up with nothing:-(

Can anyone help me?

You can get them to do a home visit, your Dr should be able to write them a letter, or call them, and tell them that you require a home visit,

and you will not be able to leave the house.

The WCA are carried out by Maximus, whereas PIP claims are still done by ATOS.

Speak to your Dr, as I think he should be playing a more pro active role in this.

Do you have a welfare rights advisor?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I was signed on to ESA by my doctor in May 2014 and as of yet, even tho i have telephoned, i have not had my WCA from ATOS 13 months later.

Today I received a letter from the jobcentre asking me to attend a work focussed interview to discuss the possibility of me going into paid work.

By the sounds of it, you are still on the assessment phase of an ESA claim. In which case, I suspect this Work Focussed Interview is not mandatory - Hopefully one of the regulars can/will confirm this if the letter doesn't mention it.

If it is a mandatory WFI, do you have someone who could accompany you with the view to offering support & guidance ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hello there.

As your query is about the DWP and not Atos, I've moved you to the main benefits forum for further advice. I've left a link for you to follow from the other forum and you might like to bookmark this link in case you need it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?446775-Please-can-someone-help-as-im-in-a-terrible-panic-!!

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

By the sounds of it, you are still on the assessment phase of an ESA claim. In which case, I suspect this Work Focussed Interview is not mandatory - Hopefully one of the regulars can/will confirm this if the letter doesn't mention it.

If it is a mandatory WFI, do you have someone who could accompany you with the view to offering support & guidance ?

It should tell you on the letter whether it's mandatory.

WFIs can be mandatory for those in the assessment phase - only those placed in the Support Group are entirely exempt from these colossal wastes of time and emotional energy. If this is indeed a mandatory interview, the letter should make this clear.

The suggestion to take a friend, relative or other trusted companion is a good one. Also, it should be noted that while the interviewer may discuss the possibility of a return to to work at some point in the future, ESA claimants may not be mandated to look for or accept work, attend training courses, participate in unpaid work schemes, or undergo medical treatment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It doesn't say it is mandatory to attend on the letter

I have made a doctors appointment for today

Some posts say it is correct and some say not

I am going to try and call them this morning

Thank you for your replies

Apologies, I completely skipped the part about it being a WFI.... (my bad!)

As you are in the support group, then you DO NOT need to attend any WFI.

Support group

You don’t have to go to interviews, but you can ask to talk to a personal adviser. You’re usually in this group if your illness or disability severely limits what you can do.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/what-youll-get

According to the DWP Webpage, if you are in the Support Group you “You don’t have to go to interviews, but you can ask to talk to a personal adviser. “, which should mean that they cannot require you to attend.

We are going to look closely at this and do whatever we can to get this stopped, but in order to do that we first need to gather information about how widespread this is, which areas it is happening in and how long it has been going on.

So we are asking for people to come forward if you are in the ESA Support Group and have been contacted by your Jobcentre to attend an interview, we would really like to hear from you, please email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you

http://dpac.uk.net/2014/09/are-you-in-the-esa-support-group-have-you-been-asked-to-attend-a-work-focussed-interview/

I loathe the DWP I really do....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As you are in the support group, then you DO NOT need to attend any WFI.

I'm not seeing where she says this. She's been on ESA for 13 months and not yet had a WCA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

WFI are not mandatory 'if' you're in the support group.

But this may be a work capability assessment WCA.

BUT, I strongly doubt it is, it isn't uncommon for claimants to be placed straight into SG on the GP's information alone.

It is sad and distressing to read of the series of events that you are endeavouring to come to terms with. I can't even begin to imagine how much more so it is for you.

It's both disappointing and disgusting to hear of the callousness in this day and age of those who are supposed to be there to help you.

I hope that your doctor has been able to offer you advice and guidance on how to proceed. Failing that, you could try Citizen's Advice. A close or reliable friend would be invaluable at this time who could guide you through the obstacles that are being put in your way.

Members on here could provide you with all sorts of guidances on the ins and outs of DWP procedures but I'm not sure if you feel up to coping with the sort of help that they can give, legalise and benefit technicalities can be very overwhelming and without someone close to you who can work through it with you at your own pace it may do more harm than good.

In the meantime you could write to, or call, your local Jobcentre and ask for an appointment to be seen by someone who is qualified or trained to deal with claimants who have issues such as your own. Front desk staff are not well known for their sensitivity. If you think it would suit you better you could ask for a home interview.