Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



In 2012 my father had a few hundred pounds credit with npower and decided to change energy provider.

They then sent a bill to say he owed them about two hundred, he did not pay this but also did not get any credit back.


Now they are saying he owes £33, no explanation as to why.


Should we just pay this and hope they go away or continue to dispute it?


If we dispute it what is the best way to do so? (phone calls don't seem to work as the agent agrees we should not be being billed but the letters still arrive)


Many thanks as this is causing a great deal of upset even though it is a small amount

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask for the final bill for the account which reveal the meter reading which was provided at the time of switching.


Do this in writing as part of a complaint to their head office, addressed to head of customer service (complaints). Get proof of posting from post office, if not sending by standard recorded.


If a bill is being sent, perhaps a mistake was made with the final meter reading.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

npower, Customer Relations, PO Box 97, Peterlee, County Durham, SR8 9AP


Write to them, stay off the phone.

[email protected] email a copy of your letter to them too.#



Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but I disagree about staying off the phone. I think you should telephone them – but only after you have read our customer services guide and implemented the advice there.


You should then have at least one but maybe a few telephone calls and encourage them into saying all the things that they've been saying to you so far and making sure that it is fully recorded.


I think that it is worth having this basic information as your insurance in case you have to take this further.


After that, I suggest that you send them an SAR and separately – meaning in a separate envelope you send a letter to them explaining the situation and complaining and send it to the address that you have been given in the post above.


If they owe you money then there is no reason why should give this up. There is no reason why npower should add to their profits simply because they are incompetent and that they do not make any proper investment in their systems or in their staff development.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...




Thank you for your replies.



As it transpires we managed to get most of our original credit balance back and an apology. This was done by telephone.



There is the issue of the random £33 bill and deduction from our credit the whole issue has caused so much pain we are letting that go.



Over and out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this update.

I don't blame you for letting it go in these circumstances. It is a huge strain on any youngish and healthy person. For elderly people it is pretty well impossible.


However, it would be helpful if you would take one last action - and that is to write to your MP and tell him/her what has happened, how bad it has been and how you have given up the money.


If you did this and posted the letter here, it might eventually help others

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...