Buchanan Clark & Wells?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I received a letter from the above named company and had to google them to find out the nature of their business.

They refer to my previous brief address, does this suggest my previous Landlord has issue with me?

I left on bad terms in that they practically threw me out, however I left owing nothing as all utilities, heating, electricity and water were included.

I am reluctant to enter into any kind of dialogue on the phone and will reply by mail, is this advisable?

Would be grateful for any help in this matter.

Ce1este2

Wait for them to write with more info.

It will probably be a utility bill of some kind. Probably the landlord has not paid out of the rent and they have got your details.

You could check your credit record to see if anything noted.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Welcome to CAG

Until they send a better letter file it under spam, but keep the letter for future reference, yes always keep it in writing only

• Confused 1

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Oooh! BCW, not heard from them for a while!

What is the nature of their letter?

Is it a ''if you are not the person we are looking for please ring this number so we can update our records'' missive,

or is it a ''call us about a personal matter'' missive?

I am guessing, which is dangerous, that the LL was put to some kind of financial liability for which he is now claiming for.

Was the address left in a good state of repair?

Absolutely ALL correspondence with these powerless DCA's MUST be in writing ONLY, never ever ever discuss anything with them

over the phone, unless you are recording the call, and/or want to bait them.

Have you checked your credit files?

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

landlords wont be using DCA's

and if its to do with a utilities bill

gas/electric/water

then ignore them

and deal with the provider directly.

they have no powers whtsoever on old util bills.

utils co's do not sell debts on

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Bazzoka Boo

I left the property in a better state of repair than when I found it,

I had part of the kitchen re plastered,

I decorated the entire building which cost me £7oo+and was done by a painter of their choosing,

I had new carpets, lino and wall paneling installed, new lighting and a vilux blind to replace a black bin bag!

All this I did with their full agreement.

However a couple of months after things were getting dodgy, the landlord would not give me a tennancy agreement of any kind,

it was then I started writing a diary, I also installed a motiion detector camera as I believed they were entering the property, which they were recorded as doing.

My electricity was included as I believe they were tapping into someone else's supply as It often went off for hours, water also was tapped.

After eight months the landlords wife told me I had two weeks to get my horse off their property as she "didn't like me

"( it was a livery yard and I lived in an annexe attached to their house)

the landlord then told me he was increasing the rent from £500 to £550.

The atmosphere was increasingly sour so I decided to leave especially as my horse had to go,

however I was determined to take as much as I could,

I took out the carpets, lino wall paneling wood burning stove, which they installed and charged me £500 for doing so,

the roof tiles were replaced and were made rain proof.

I took the light fittings too..after all that the place was STILL in a better state of repair

than when I moved in, they were very nasty people and I will not give them one penny.

well until/unless the fake/tame solicitor gives you any more info

pers I'd be ignoring them.

as stated before, LL wont be using a DCA

and if its a utils bill

then deal with the co' directly.

me thinks you are on a phishing list for mugs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I bet your ex landlord did not pay a utility bill and has sent the company some tenancy agreement with your name on it, to get out of paying it.

You are going to have to wait to see who the money is owed to and to ask for evidence of you being liable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks to you all for the advise, I have checked my credit report through Experian and its all good, I have no outstanding bills, utilities power etc.

So because of this I conclude the dodgy landlord is after something, which considering he doesn't even have any proof I lived there (tenancy agreement) he can go and whistle!

Thanks to you all for the advise, I have checked my credit report through Experian and its all good, I have no outstanding bills, utilities power etc.

So because of this I conclude the dodgy landlord is after something, which considering he doesn't even have any proof I lived there (tenancy agreement) he can go and whistle!

BCW would not be acting for the landlord. It will be some debt in your name which is not on your current credit record. It could be a really old debt that is more than 6 years old so would not be on record.

I think it hardly likely, Experian have my address history going back to 97, if there was something I'm sure it would have been flagged?

I will keep my eye on it n hope for the best.

Thanks for your swift reply

Could simply be the usual blanket bombing of anyone with the same name as yours in order to weed out the debtor.

Worthy of a complaint IMO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think it hardly likely, Experian have my address history going back to 97, if there was something I'm sure it would have been flagged?

I will keep my eye on it n hope for the best.

Thanks for your swift reply

Any defaults recorded would disappear from experian after six years - when did you move out?