style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know whether electric wheelchairs are permitted on London buses?

I am getting told yes by some TFL staff, and no by others. That suggests that I could end up with problems if the bus drivers are also unsure!

Does anyone know a sensible, wheelchair friendly way of getting from Paddington train station to the Natural History Museum? I am trying to take my two autistic children, and I use an (electric) wheelchair.

It does have to be Paddington as none of our trains go into any other station, so the underground seems to be impossible as no wheelchair access.

Hello there.

I guess you've looked at TfL's website? It says they have wheelchair accessible buses, but it isn't specific about whether they all are.

https://tfl.gov.uk/transport-accessibility/wheelchair-access-and-avoiding-stairs

Are you a member of a group that advises people in wheelchairs? They might know more.

Have you posted on our own special needs forum in case people are aware of more information?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

I guess you've looked at TfL's website? It says they have wheelchair accessible buses, but it isn't specific about whether they all are.

https://tfl.gov.uk/transport-accessibility/wheelchair-access-and-avoiding-stairs

Are you a member of a group that advises people in wheelchairs? They might know more.

HB

I am not aware of any such group that I could join, sadly.

liverbird37 Thank you for confirming what I suspected. :(

I suspect that means this country bumpkin will have to be big and brave and drive into London.