• Tweets

• there a search top right  time to get reading up on the process and the different stages the claim will go through.   these will help as well   https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=lowell claimform cat debt&oq=lowell claimform cat debt&gs_l=partner-generic.3...60263.68186.0.68486.25.25.0.0.0.0.153.1988.24j1.25.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.7957j3166461j25...1.34.partner-generic..25.0.0.vvzYEQ3I7F0
    • Hello   Thank you for your response, I think I have done this right. My responses are in bold        Name of the Claimant ?  Merligen Investments LTD       Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.     12/11/2019  received today 13/11/2019       Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -       ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total I a, unsure what I am doing with this part.        Particulars of Claim       What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. The defendant owes the claimant £209.79 under the a regulated agreement with Studio Retails T/A Ace dated 16/10/2015 and which was assigned to the claimant on 19/07/2017 (debt) Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £209.79 and further claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the county courtact 1984 Limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate ot 8.00% per annum amounting to £16.78     What is the total value of the claim? £301.57       Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No       Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No       Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? no     Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? no       When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? no       Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online       Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No       Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  Debt purchaser       Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No not received any correspondence apart from a couple of recent Text messages and in all honesty I thought it was a [problem]       Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No       Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No Nothing       Why did you cease payments?  About 3 years ago       What was the date of your last payment? Can’t remember       Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No dispute       Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  no   OK I have done all now and printed out the letter to be sent tomorrow morning. I must say I feel sick but thank you for your assistance, I feel somewhat blind now and feel the need to ask, what next? If that is not too presumptuous.           
    • Which was your car? 1st Silver? Black? 2nd silver??
    • I did read the guide but the language on the court form threw me.   I’ll send it to the first address. Thanks
    • Fine. Have a quick think and decide whether you want to bring a small claim. If you do then it is worth spending a little bit of time looking through this forum and discovering the steps of how to bring a small claim in the County Court. You would have to start with a letter of claim which would give them 14 days to provide you with your refund or else you will start a small claim against them and without any further notice. Day 15 you issue the papers. Don't make the threat unless you are prepared to go ahead and carry it out. As I've already said, bringing a small claim is extremely easy and on the basis of what you say, your chances of success are much better than 95% – and in my view Halfords will put their hands up unless they really want to waste their money and their time. Does Halfords really want to spend their time and money losing a case in which they will have to draft the defence document, respond to various papers from the court, put you to the trouble of paying the hearing fee, instructing lawyers to go and attend at your local court which I believe is in the North west of England, losing their case, having to pay your £40 plus interest plus your court fee plus the hearing fee – and then suffer the indignity of having their name plastered even further all over this forum and over Twitter and Facebook and trust pilot. If this is what they want then they really don't value their reputation very highly.   I have sent the following response to Halfords  
  • Our picks

sdys15453

Incorrectly issued liability order on debt I don't owe

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Moved from benefits into a job. Paid around £150 each month for both council tax for current year, and arrears. The council threatened to take me to court for unpaid council tax. I explained my payments covered the whole of the current month's installment, plus agreed arrears at an amount I'd agreed with them. Everything I had paid had been agreed between them and me. The council admitted their mistake and said that - as I thought - they'd just been taking my payment and paying it on this year's bill, meaning nothing was coming off the arrears, but my current year's council tax was paid way in front of the installments due.

They admitted their mistake in writing, apologised and said it wouldn't happen again.

Problems with Royal Mail meant a lot of my mail went astray, so when it turned up, it appeared I had been sent a Summons, sent to court and a Liability Order granted by the council for my Council tax - all without my knowledge. And even better, all for something I didn't owe. Yes. yet again, the council had been taking my payments, putting it all towards the current year's council tax installments and yet none of it had been taken off the arrears - their mistake again.

I wrote to the council explaining what they had done.

They replied in writing, apologising for sending me to court, acknowledging they had made a mistake and I shouldn't have been taken to court at all, and that they would not be charging me the court fee. Nice of them!

So, what do I need to do next? Where do I complain to? Does the Liability Order I should never have been given, affect my credit rating? Not surprisingly, I am absolutely fuming and have no idea where to go next, what to do, where I stand. Tempted just to ring the local newspaper but want to stick to jumping through the right hoops for now.:mad2:

Has the LA given you their final letter?

If you have exhausted their complaints procedure then you can raise your complaint to the LGO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Liability Orders are not recorded on your credit file. I would however urge you to get your local Councillor(s) involved - best initial contact is by phone.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks.

I did check if the Council had given me any information on how to make a complaint and who to, in their letter to me, or maybe enclosed a leaflet, but there is nothing.

My first thoughts were local councillor or CAB but it's not easy to get contact with either of them.

Bazooka Boo: not sure what you mean by a final letter. The latest one from the Council has been the one admitting they made a mistake, and no information as to what happens next and what procedures to follow to find out why this has happened and how to make sure they don't do it a third time to me further down the line. So, I've no idea if it's a final letter or not.

It'll say if you're not happy with their response then you can complain to xy or z....

So it sounds like you've just received a standard 'brush off' letter that they send out.

If you're not happy with their response, then tell them, and tell them exactly what it is you want them to do

to put it right, or ensure it doesn't happen again, cc in your local councillors and MP.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!