P45 & Payslips - Deductions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First of all, thanks to anyone who responds as I'm quite confused with this issue.

I previously worked for a company for a short stint of time (2 weeks, 3 days), paid a gross salary of £1,200.

I received a net pay of £911.28, which included a £60 student loan deduction.

Since leaving that company, I have received no P45, however as I was under the tax allowance for the year any tax I paid was deducted.

The problem arises when I have received a letter from the student loans company.

There is no 'credit' into my student loan, just debits (where I received maintenance loans).

Firstly, has my employer not made the deduction as stated on the payslip? Would this be illegal?

It came to my attention as I have just received the student loans company letter, and when contacting HR at my new office, they said they are contacted by HMRC to pay my loan. I cannot imagine HMRC doing this within 2 weeks of me starting at the previous post...

Stupidly, I've misplaced the payslip when moving house.

The previous employer did not provide me with a P45, so I was wondering if I contact them I could get a replacement of the payslip or the P45, and if any of those would show deductions.

I received a tax refund from HMRC as I overpaid while I was at the previous company (was on incorrect tax code), so I know that they received my P45 as I spoke to them on the phone about my pay. Will they then also have a copy of my deductions? or just gross & net?

Thanks.

they should have the full details

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...