style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi need some advice got a big problem with Bailiffs. Im banging my head against a brick wall just getting nowhere !

Had a Liability Order issued in Dec 2014 £489.07, for Council Tax Arrears .

Rang the Council and they told me they couldn't help i had to speak to Bailiff ,

rang him and he asked for full payment explained that i was on,JSA he asked me to send proof , which i did he told me he never received it !

offered to pay £10.00 a week he refused ,

so to show willing i paid it anyway hoping they would accept it .

I made four payments, he told me i had made two !

Bailiff had now added charges and the amount had risen to £704.07.

Emailed Council and told them i would send payments direct to them which i did , they accepted my payments .

Council are now telling me i have to deal with Bailiff and the money i have paid them they will send to bailiff on my behalf .

She rang Bailiff because i didn't want to deal with them, she set up a payment plan of £25.00 p/w direct to Bailiff ! they wrote and confirmed this .

Wot do i do ?

I had been in regular contact with the Council as i had no income at all for 6 months so they were aware of my situation .

Please advise me on wot to do now i want to avoid all contact with Bailiff .

The Bailiff has ADDED £310.00 in charges and threaded to remove my goods !

Lady at Council told me it was a punishment for not paying my Council Tax !

I just don't know what to do please help ?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

"Lady at Council told me it was a punishment for not paying my Council Tax ! " WTF?????

The stupid crow knows you are on JSA so should have an attachment to benefit rather than sending the attack dogs. As per PT what council and bailiffs? this has the hallmark of a crapita stitch up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If I were in your situation, I think I would seek help from the nearest Citizens Advice or debt advice centre. You really need for someone to make representations to the council on your behalf, hence getting local help.

Unfortunately, there is no easy route I.e application to court for review and you need to be able to penetrate the council offices, to find someone who will recognise your situation. There is no reason why this cannot be reviewed and a sensible way forward found.

What has happened is that councils to save money have outsourced council tax collection to Capita and you need to be able to speak to a council employee at a senior level. Citizens Advice, your local councillor or your local MP will have contacts at the council, so should be able to resolve.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OK will do that . Will try Council again on Monday and will ring local Councilor, in the meantime do i still pay the Bailiff ? If i don't pay him will he call back and add more charges? Thank you so much for your help .

I'd wait and see what the council/councillor say on Monday.

Don't worry too much about the bailiff/EA. As long as your doors are locked they have no right of entry and they've already added all the charges that they can, unless they actually remove goods they can't add any more, and they can't remove goods unless you let them into your home, which you don't have to do.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

In my view Councillors are available 7 days per week up until approx 9pm. If they moan about being contacted then they should not have stood for public office in the first place. I would ring them tomorrow.

I'll back up Dragonfly's reply about the Bailiff. Unless he gains entry to your home - he has no automatic right of entry - and provided you have nothing of value available outside (a car perhaps) then he is absolutley powerless. It would be a seriously bad idea to let him in. There is no law that says you have to speak with or deal with a Bailiff and no matter how much he huffs & puffs there is little he can do if you ignore him. If you must speak to him do so through the letterbox or an upstirs window and try to record the conversation. Remember to keep all external doors locked at all times as he may enter through an unlocked but closed door.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]