• Tweets

• LPA.  (I'm fighting insolvency due to all the stuff that he and lender have done).  He appointed estate agents - (changed several times). Disclosure shows he was originally appointed for a specific reason (3m after repo) : using his powers as acting for leaseholder to serve notice on freeholders (to grab fh).  There was interest from 3 potential buyers. He chose one whose offer depended on a positive result of the notice.  Disc also shows he'd taken counsel advice - which was 'he'd fail'.  Irrespective he'd asked to resign as his job (of serving notice) was done and he'd found a buyer.  Lender asked him to stay on to assign notice to the buyer.  Notice failed, buyer didn't buy.  So receiver stayed.  There was 1 buyer who wanted to proceed w/o fh but receiver/ lender wasted 1y trying to get rid of them!  Disc shows why. But I didn't know why at the time. Lender voiced getting rid of receiver. Various reasons - including cost.  But there's a contradiction/ irony: as I've seen an email (of 4y ago) which shows the receiver telling lender not to incur significant costs and to minimize receiver costs.  Yet lender then asked him to serve another notice - again counsel advice indicated 'he'd fail'.  And he did fail.  But wasted 3y trying and incurred huge legal costs - lender trying to pass on to me. Lender interfered - said wanted to do works.  Receiver should have said no.  But disc. shows he agreed to step aside to let them do the works - on proviso lender would discuss potential costs first (they didn't), works wouldn't take long (took 15m), and lender would hold interest (they didn't) (this last point is crucial for me now - as I need to know if I can argue that all interest beyond this point shouldnt be allowed?)   I need to check receiver witness statement in litigation with freeholders to see exactly what he said about 'his position'. But I remember it being along the lines of - 'if the works increased the value of the property he didn't have a problem'.  Lender/ receiver real problems started at this point. The cost of works and 4y passage of time has meant there is no real increase in value. Lender (or receiver) didn't get any permissions (statutory or fh) (and didn't tell me) and just bulldozed the property to an empty shell.  The freeholders served notice on me as leaseholder for breach of covenants (strict no alterations).  The Lender stepped in (acting for me) to issue notice for relief of forfeiture - not the receiver.  That wasted 2y of litigation (3y if inc the works) and incurred huge costs (both sides).  Lender's aim was to do the works that every potential buyer balked at due to the lease restrictions.  Lender and receiver knew couldn't do works w/o fh permission. Lender did them anyway; receiver allowed.  Receiver remained appointed.  I'm arguing lender interfered in receiver duties.  Receiver should have just sold property 4-5y ago w/o allowing any works.  Almost 3y since works finished the property remains unsold (>5y from repo). The property looks brand new - but it was great before.  The lender spent a ton of money - hoping that would facilitate a quick sale.  But the money they spent and the years they have wasted has meant they had to increase sale price.  It's now completely overpriced.  And - of course - the same issues that put buyers off (before works) still exist.   The receiver has tried for 2y to assert the works increased value. But he is relying on agents estimates - which have proved highly speculative. (Usual trick of an agent to give a high value to get the business - and then tell seller to reduce when no-one buys.). And of course lender continues to accrue interest (despite 4y ago receiver saying pause interest). Lender tried to persuade receiver to use specific agent. Disc shows this agent was best friends with the lender's main investor in the property.  Before works this agent had valued it low.  After works this agent suggested a value 70% higher!  The lender persuaded receiver to sack one agent and instead use this agent.  No offers. (Price way too high).   Research has uncovered that this main investor has since died.  I guess his investment is part of probate? And his family want it back?    Disc shows the sacked agent had actually received a high offer 1y ago.  Receiver rejected it.  He was relying on the high speculative valuation the agents had given him to pitch for the business. The agents were in a catch-22.  The receiver sacked them. Disc shows there has been 0 interest ever since. I don't think lender or receiver want all this to come out in public domain via a trial.  It will ruin their reputations. If I can't get an order for sale with lender - can I apply separately against receiver?
    • Ok many thanks. Just wanted to check that nothing else for us to do / send for the moment. Will update again once we receive a copy of their N181 and proposed directions for review. Our post is a bit hit and miss at the moment. Appreciate the help through this process.
    • Yes and will ask you if you are in agreement and or wish to add /remove any direction.
    • Torys seem to think its worth while - cheap muckspreading while they get away with ACTUALLY doing it? More the aspect of ensuring that when these tactics are used without justification - make sure your people aren't doing it more and worse or their crap spread on the waters ... - mind you, the Tories would have to maybe even ease off on their using taxpayer and donor money to fund their preferred lifestyles wouldn't they? Maybe even do the jobs they are paid for?  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How many chances do we give the dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm really need some advise on how to proceed with our local Honda dealer.

We purchased our 2013 Honda Civic 1.6 EST from a Honda dealer in the north East in 2013. The car was 9 months old. It has been serviced by our local Honda dealer in March 2014 and again in Dec 2014. On the 2nd service the rear brake pads were replaced. The front pads were at 50% worn. End of March 2015 we noticed every time I braked a squealing noise would occur.

We took it back to the Honda dealer who serviced the car and were told the front pads were 75% worn but the discs were fine. We have the pads replaced.

The squealing didn't go away so we rang the dealer who said give it time they are new pads. Gave it 2 weeks still squealing so booked back into garage who said small stones were causing the problem. Got car back, still squealing, booked back in, brakes all checked, said all OK, got car back, still squealing, booked back in again, brakes stripped and cleaned, got back last Tuesday. Went out Wednesday and squealing worse than ever. Drove it back to the garage. Mechanic came with us in car and every time I touched the brake it would squeal. Mechanic couldn't hear anything. I was gobsmacked. He must have a hearing problem. Car booked back in for today.

I have recorded the last week of driving which you can clearly hear the problem on.

In the meantime some sensor on the dash keeps going off. Tells me people in back but seatbelt snot fastened. There is no one in the back. Goes off 20-30 times. Sensor replaced last week. Out in it yesterday taking daughter to school and went off over 40 times.

I have rang Honda UK who are useless. They say take back to dealer to sort out.

Any idea where I go from here. This car is not only embarrassing to drive but distracting. Trying to keep eyes on road but sensor going off and when it comes to braking the notice is horrific.

Can you upload your recording to Youtube so we can hear it ?

Take a work college out during the lunch break and have him tell you when you press the brake instead of you saying 'there, hear that?'

I think you will only solve the brake squeal problem by taking it somewhere else. Have they in fact cut corners and used cheaper pads. With the disappearance of asbestos, the pads became harder and anti-squeak shims inserted behind the pad or the pad will have an anti-squeak lining affixed to the back.

You say they cleaned them, but did they do it properly, have you had a look ?

Brake dust isn't such a problem as it used to be though.

After it went in yesterday they called me to say the only way to solve the problem was new discs. After much discussion I agreed. The car was dropped back to me and I took it out. The squealing was horrendous and I just wanted to cry.

I called my sister to tell her the issue as she's spent 13 years working in the service department of a well known German dealer. She told me the garage were fobbing me off. I also spoke to her boyfriend as he is a service manager at another well known dealer and he agreed to come with me.

I went to the dealer and told him the discs hadn't worked. While my husband went out with a technician myself and my sisters boyfriend spoke to the service manager. I was very calm. He was very nice and understood how frustrated I was. He showed us the discs that were removed. My sisters boyfriend said although some scoring on them there was no way they were the cause of the problem. The service manager agreed and the technician said the best way forward was to strip all the brakes down to source the problem.

The car is booked in again next week. Genuine Honda parts have been used at all times. I've asked to be refunded for the replacement discs which the dealer agreed to but they want to put the old discs back on. My sisters boyfriend has pointed out that they have slightly damaged one disc when removing it so says they can't be put back on. All I can do now is wait until next week to see what is next on the list

• 2 weeks later...

So after getting the car back last Friday the garage apologised and said they just can't source the noise. He said he'd been dealing with Honda UK and the response they have now given is that this is a natural characteristic of the car.

I've email Honda a video of the noise and am awaiting a response from them. I can't believe they are now saying I have to put up with this.

Sorry, maybe it's my ears, but I can hear no squeal at all. I've had brake squeal and it makes pedestrians jump, I don't hear the same from yours.

Try rolling down a hill in neutral with the engine idling so there is no engine or wind noise and then apply the brakes.