• Tweets

• ignore stop panicking about a whole nothing burger. 100's of threads here. dx  
    • this is not America, don't keep believing what you see on TV or about the USA means that happens here, it DOES NOT. you won't and they can't use character assassination to try and discredit you nor can they access ANYTHING that is not already in the PUBLIC domain about you. none of which you are fretting about are PUBLIC RECORDS. as for 'being arrested = a criminal record' = untrue. where did you ever get that idea from?? it is not publicly available and is only held on police PNC. and no your details cannot be published in a news paper = same rules apply to you as the accused, in fact even more so. you really do appears to be reading some very weird websites..  
    • Thanks dx and jk.   I'll just ignore them. I did check the advice given in other threads but wanted to be sure that was still relevant to my situation.  Thanks again. Appreciate the support 
    • I've been on this site for eight years and I haven't seen one PPC case where a DCA turned up at the motorist's door. Even if they did they couldn't do anything, but in any case it's never happened. If you read this short thread you will see all the stages of the legal procedure all the way to winning in court, which is highly unlikely to be necessary in your case  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406892-highview-parking-anpr-pcn-claimform-urban-exchange-manchester-claim-dismissed/#comments
    • They upped the quote by £120 in the end, forcing me to go elsewhee
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wilkins vs Halifax ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I the letter off to halifax 14 days a go requesting payment. I have allowed 14 days, and only received 1 letter to say they are dealing with it and will be in touch within 4 weeks. Is this standard??

Do I send another reminder letter at this stage, or wait for the 4 weeks? What do I do then?

Appreciate any help you can give xx :razz:

11.08.06 SAR REQUEST (40 DAYS) - failed to respond in 14 days

29.10.06 REQUEST FOR PAYMENT 1ST LETTER (14 DAYS)

What i have done is:- 1) Sent first letter off giving them 14 days to reply.

2) Send second letter giving them 7 day to reply.

If there is no reply after second letter do the online claim, if this doesn't wake them up to do something about it,

FINAL ACT= SEND THEM TO COURT.

I hope this as explained things more better for you.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i have done is:- 1) Sent first letter off giving them 14 days to reply.

2) Send second letter giving them 7 day to reply.

If there is no reply after second letter do the online claim, if this doesn't wake them up to do something about it,

FINAL ACT= SEND THEM TO COURT.

I hope this as explained things more better for you.

But wilks is a Jedi now?? :D

I just want to shout

"I am so happy"

LOL

:cool:

Hi Wilkins

I've only just come across your thread and your rollercoaster ride with the bank! Extremely well done. Bet you have been smiling all weekend :D

I'm now kicking myself as I have only just submitted my claim for six years and yet have another file of statements going right back to time I opened my account (and loads of charges) :mad:

Wish I had read this thread before submitting especially as you got exceptional support all the way through, especially Bong, Glen etc.

Enjoy your money

Breezy

Well done Wilkins,

I am now considering looking back on my previous claims and seeing if there are any further charges I can get back!!!!

WELL DONE AGAIN!!!!!!

And excellent work (yet again by Glenn and Bong !!)

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Hi Everyone

This is great, thanks you everyone for advise have not had chance to read everything as yet. I sent a template letter off to the Bank nearly 3 weeks ago now with a cheque for £10. Cheque has not been cashed and not heard anything back as yet.

How long do it wait 40 days? Then what?

I have heard there is a cut off point for claims in April, is this true. The must owe me thousands and i am getting worried now that i will noe get anything. Do they take ages to reply? I can imagine they will say they never got it.

Any help will be great

Michelle

Hi Everyone

This is great, thanks you everyone for advise have not had chance to read everything as yet. I sent a template letter off to the Bank nearly 3 weeks ago now with a cheque for £10. Cheque has not been cashed and not heard anything back as yet.

How long do it wait 40 days? Then what?

I have heard there is a cut off point for claims in April, is this true. The must owe me thousands and i am getting worried now that i will noe get anything. Do they take ages to reply? I can imagine they will say they never got it.

Any help will be great

Michelle

Michelle,

Welcome,

Firstly, in answer to you rcouple of questions:

1/ they have 40 days from reciept of your Data request to provide the information. if you sent it recorded, then check with the tracking service at www.royalmail.com that they have recived it, then give them 40 days. If they do not provide the info, then there are actions you can take to enforce it. there is info on site how to, so post do a search for "DPA non compliance" if that happens or post for help on your thread.

2/ Thers is no cut off in April Where did you hear that?

The OFT may be making a statement soon regards Bank charges, and that may be in April, maybe that is what you have heard and referring to?

Read this thread to put your mind at rest, as the OFT statement will have no effect on our rights of action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/70359-about-oft-impending-report.html

Anyway, thats your qustions answered,

BUT YOU REALLY SHOULD START YOUR OWN THREAD.

(it confuses viewers of this thread to get distracted with other peoples posts, and also YOU will get better advice if you have your own thread) I have posted at the bottom here how to start a thread.

ALSO.

Looks like your brand new here, so don't just jump in and take action without doing some reading first.

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

You'll then find all the templates you need here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

You'll also find this very useful;

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

You'll then need to start your own thread.

HOW TO START YOUR OWN THREAD:

You get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of threads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....group-against/

2/ Find your Bank, click on the bold blue name of Bank

3/ Go to the bit that says "Forum tools" and click on it.

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates ( daily I found is best)

5/ Then it will redirect you once you've subscribed.

6/ then click on "Forum tools" again, and choose "Post new thread"

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "yourname vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/ Then hopefully people will visit and post/subscribe etc.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

2/ Thers is no cut off in April Where did you hear that?

The OFT may be making a statement soon regards Bank charges, and that may be in April, maybe that is what you have heard and referring to?

Read this thread to put your mind at rest, as the OFT statement will have no effect on our rights of action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/70359-about-oft-impending-report.html

PM, I'd already copied Michelles question to Bookie's thread, before I read your response. ML certainly has done some damage!:mad:

Els

Wilkins,

May I wish you a somewhat belated

Well done and many congratulations, indeed !!!

Like watching a really good thriller, I had to hide behind a pillow, as I watched the "will she, won't she ?" story unfold !!! Eventually my nerves forced me to look away completely, as I was convinced you were going to bottle out and settle for £1 and a bag of sweeties in full settlement !!!

Very, very, very well done, considering how scared you must have been at times. And very, very, very well done to those who had the nerve to stay in here and see you through it !!

A wonderful, scary rollercoaster of a thriller well told, and brilliantly finished. Recommended reading for anybody claiming, who feels intimidated by it all.

IMO, a credit not just to to your temerity, but to that of Bong and Glenn, along with the others here who have helped you along the way.

Bill. :)

LOL, Wilkins...everyone feels like that! I know I did!

Sit back and wait for acknowledgement. Do lots and lots of reading in this forum to see the various tacks that Halifax will take. Then you'll be ready to respond properly to them as each stage occurs.

Above all dont worry.

;)

hi im new to this but ive put my second letter in and the 14days are up should i apply to the courts now as on limited funds how much is it to claim your own money back from halifax as i have 2500 in bank charges from 2002 can you let me know many thanks

Hi there mich,

You need to now send an LBA (Letter Before Action) giving them another 7 days to comply b4 you start court action. You will find this in the templates library.

If you see above you will see how to start your own thread (by photoman) so that everyone can see it and give you any further help you need.

Good luck x

the letter you are talking about, is it the Letter Before Action? If so, yes send MCOL. Cost of court fee depends on how much your claim is for. Yours will be about £120 to claim but worth it as you will get money asap

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

I have a slight worry, i think the letter went 1st class and not recorded, so they can deny getting it, shall i send another one recorded with the other one attached? Still not heard anything. sent on 7th March.

I sent the first letter by first class post and they recieved all right so dont worry about that, my bank halifax are saying that they have been allowed 8 weeks to investegate because of all the claims they have been recieving,(i'm not buying that:cool: ). sending second letter giving them 7 day's to reply. They even sent the reply letter to the wrong address, :confused: halifax can't even get that wright.

GOOD LOOK WITH YOUR RESPONCE.:)

I sent the first letter by first class post and they recieved all right so dont worry about that, my bank halifax are saying that they have been allowed 8 weeks to investegate because of all the claims they have been recieving,(i'm not buying that:cool: Good for you, as far as I can see there is no provision for an extension of the time for complaince permitted in the Data protection Act and neither does the ICO have the right to give them an extension.). sending second letter giving them 7 day's to reply. They even sent the reply letter to the wrong address, :confused: halifax can't even get that wright.

GOOD LOOK WITH YOUR RESPONCE.:)

Best of luck

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi glenn!

Thanks for that, just sent second letter out by recorded post yesterday saying that if they dont reply to this one i will send them to court, can't beleave they was lying about sending me that responce letter to a different address. I checked to see if halifax had indede sent it to 58 instead of 68 but there was no letter there either:mad: , they are just trying to stall me so if anybody out there is with halfax, dont take no bull s___? off of them because i am one step ahead of them, ah, ah:lol:

Hi glenn!

Thanks for that, just sent second letter out by recorded post yesterday saying that if they dont reply to this one i will send them to court, can't beleave they was lying about sending me that responce letter to a different address. I checked to see if halifax had indede sent it to 58 instead of 68 but there was no letter there either:mad: , they are just trying to stall me so if anybody out there is with halfax, dont take no bull s___? off of them because i am one step ahead of them, ah, ah:lol:

Orange,

Well done catching them out. good luck ith the rest of your claim.

Problem is, that this thread is now about a finished case, so very few visitors, and means your not going to get the viewings and help you really want..... didn't you notice the tumbleweed ?

How much background reading have you done? Judging by the fact you've only made 3 posts I guess your fairly new here, so I'm going to post you up some "homework" .... it's for you own good, so stop sulking !:D

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

You'll then find all the templates you need here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

You'll also find this very useful;

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

You'll then need to start your own thread.

HOW TO START YOUR OWN THREAD:

You get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of threads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....group-against/

2/ Find your Bank, click on the bold blue name of Bank

3/ Go to the bit that says "Forum tools" and click on it.

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates ( daily I found is best)

5/ Then it will redirect you once you've subscribed.

6/ then click on "Forum tools" again, and choose "Post new thread"

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "yourname vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/You could also put a link to your thread into your signature. Copy the address from you web browser bar (the bit that says http: etc ) and go to your User CP. On there it will tell you where and how to change your signature.

9/ Then hopefully people will visit and post/subscribe help you etc.

10/ Also if you find any threads interesting you can subscibe to them under the thread tools button, that way you'll get notices to tell you when there are new posts in there.

Aall the best :)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Its my fault that the letter has not as yet been made available.

Glenn, is this letter out in the public domain yet? I have had an inital paymnet of the 6 years but still have £5000 in the 2 years before that they are obviously going to try to chalenge it.

Can I have a copy of this all wonderful letter?

thanks

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

DM

No the letter isnt out in the public domain yet, its being tested again as we speak so shouldnt be long, one way or the other.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Subscribing

:)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional