san_d

DBS in progress, but I am moving address.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1540 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last month I applied to be a volunteer for a charity. They asked me for a standard DBS, which they will pay for, and it will be sent to my address. I have registered with the online DBS tracking system and it is still halfway through. In the meantime I am moving and I won't be able to receive the printed copy of the DBS.

How can I inform the authorities involved that I am moving and would that invalidate my DBS?

Thanks.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Last month I applied to be a volunteer for a charity. They asked me for a standard DBS, which they will pay for, and it will be sent to my address. I have registered with the online DBS tracking system and it is still halfway through. In the meantime I am moving and I won't be able to receive the printed copy of the DBS.

How can I inform the authorities involved that I am moving and would that invalidate my DBS?

Thanks.

3 options :

A) try and amend your application by contacting the DBS to include your new address

B) submit a new application with your new and previous addresses

C) set up a mail forward : this will ensure the DBS with your old address reaches you. Send yourself a letter to your old address, then show this (and the DBS) to the charity - showing you have moved and have a mail forward in place.

You should try to get your mail redirected to your new address.

If you have registered online you should be able to update your personal details.

You should try to get your mail redirected to your new address.

If you have registered online you should be able to update your personal details.

Eventually I phone them and given them my new address. The lady on the phone said it should be ok. The issue now is that it's 8 weeks and my DBS is still stuck at checking police records.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"