Government in High Court over benefit payments delay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A group of disabled people is taking the government to the High Court over delays in benefit payments.

Thousands have been waiting more than a year for their Personal Independence Payments, a new benefit which replaces Disability Living Allowance in some areas of the UK.

Disabled people have been forced to turn to loan sharks and food banks because of the “unlawfully long time” taken to provide them with vital welfare benefits.

Two test case claimants are asking the court to declare that the Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has breached his common law and human rights duties to make payments within a reasonable time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32738655

Nine months without payment?

Try two & a half years without any payment! Still waiting now.....:mad2:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't even know for the first 10 ears of being registered disabled that I was even entitled to anything. Despite having a grumble at the powers that be I gave up that ghost in search of better things :D