...and another one (annoyed abbey customer)

povski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as advised elsewhere this is the place for me to post regarding my abbey experience.

-----------------------

Hi - first post here - hello fellow disgruntled citizens of rip-off britain.

I am keen to claim back my bank charges and copied a letter from a tmeplate found on this site. This was to request all actions on my account. Abbey have responded by cashing my £10 cheque and sending me the last years worth of statements. This is no good as the charges were incurred about four years ago. Are they taking the P or is this all they are bound to provide.

--------------------------

the above was my initial post - i see from further reading here that this is how abbey conduct themselves. i think i'd better start doing a bit of research into how this works. i haven't been so filled with moral indignation since my war with powergen (wanted £1000 refunded, got £400). must do better.

regards - pov

They are taking the P- You probably would have received the microfiche letter. Have a look in the bank template library for the next letter to send to Abbey.

Also, have a read at a few of the posts in this forum to see what Abbey does when you ask for your money back.

Its important that if they dont supply all your data in the 40 days that you complain to the ICO.

Following the ICO s visit and recent decision about thier records they have been telling the ICO that theyre being good and supplying everything as they should

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

i called them today on the english number. the first person i spoke to told me that the admin departments number was the overseas call centre number and then put me through to them.the second person told me that they had new phones and there was confusion. he said that they only keep a year in electronic and the rest is microfiche. i believe i may have heard that word on this site a time or two. he also said due to the volume of requests they had a backlog directly related to people claiming charges refunds. i said to him that i believed that the data protction act applied to abbey and that they still had to give me the info in 40 days. i then made dark threats about what i would do if i dont get the stuff within the time. trouble is, i dont remember when i posted the letter that began the 40 days.

And proof of posting/delivery too

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

found my copy of the letter - 12th October it was posted - i don't have proof of postage having sent it via normal post. i don't see how that can be an issue as they have already partially responded meaing they can't say that they never received the request (i hope the world is not so corrupt that they could) i will wait until the 40 days passes and then take it further.

found my copy of the letter - 12th October it was posted - i don't have proof of postage having sent it via normal post. i don't see how that can be an issue as they have already partially responded meaing they can't say that they never received the request (i hope the world is not so corrupt that they could) i will wait until the 40 days passes and then take it further.

Good point

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi - got the photocopies from abbey (early!!! - i must have scared them). couple of questions at this point.

1) there appear to be 4 types of charge (unpaid dd, unpaid cheque, cleared transaction and unauthorised od). can i claim for all of them?

2) if they are going to close my account how much notice do they have to give me?

3) assuming worst case (the glass is generally half-empty in my world) and i go to court and lose - what would i be looking at that costing in legal fees etc. i've paid a bit over £900 in charges in the last 6 years to these crooks and am happy to follow this to its conclusion but i would like to know the possible financial implications.

thanks for any advice given