Glasgow Removal Company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Caledonian Removal Company

Hi brand new to these forums and would appreciate any help/advice how to rectify this problem...

I am experiencing issues with this company and would advise anyone NOT to use there services...

Some items are lost and despite endless phone calls and communication with them not once have they responded and most of the time he ignores talking to me....

would appreciate any updates on any success anyone may have had in getting their goods back from them..

David Howie who operates this outfit thinks he can treat people and there storage in any way he likes, then ignores all attempts of communication.

Hopefully by exposing there behaviour other people will not use them.

Hi

I have found this thread from a few years ago which might show what this company was like at the time and still seems to be the case

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?253666-Problems-with-Glasgow-Removal-Company&p=2851194&viewfull=1#post2851194

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just read that thread from 2010/12 my oh my!!!

http://www.removals-scotland.com/

A definite complaint to trading standards is a certainty, also as the last poster on the above link said,

file a report to the Police too.

Just read some of these horrendous reviews! He needs closing down!

http://www.removalreviews.co.uk/movers/caledonian-moving-and-storage-89

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

According to the details I have managed to glean Caledonian removals have no registration details at companies house and also, a previous company called Howie Transport was struck off last year.

I would love to know how their details appear on the Better Business Partnership (Perth and Kinross) as they don't legally seem to exist.

The only contact that makes these companies sit up and take notice is when court papers hit the mat. Trading Standards is a good start

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Silverfox 1961 and bazooka boo many thanks for your responses and suggestions...

we have already went to the police and surprise surprise David Howie has denied any knowledge of our missing items and the furniture he has taken away to repair..

if by chance anyone is aware who may repair his damaged furniture i'd like to know so that I could pursue them..

trading standards will be our next point of contact ...

he appears to advertise his so called business on removalsfinder as well as facebook...

only wish we had seen the reviews before we used there company and will do our utmost to ensure that we make everyone aware of how he conducts and lies to customers...

The police have a hard job in working these things out at the best of times but with a flat denial from DH, they are stuck unless you have written proof that he has sent anything away.

Hopefully, anyone typing this

caledonian removals problem

will find CAG (third on the list)

2010/11 seemed to be a good couple of years for them then (apart from the odd positive review) the complaints soared.

Why not raise the issues raised here with the Better Business Partnership which are part of Trading Standards to see what they can do. removal from the list is a good start.

This is what they are supposed to do.

http://www.pkc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=14683&p=0