Ee wrongly entered a default on my credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please advice on what to do ...

Around march/April I had some fraudulent activities on my account so had to suspend payments going out

and made manual payments to my service providers including EE .

. to my utmost surprise I checked my credit file 19th of may as I am in the process of applying for a mortgage

and saw that ee had recorded a £35 missed payment on my file ..which dropped my points drastically.

. I did call ee When I had the problem on my account explained the issue to them

but they said I was not owing at the time and they could still see me being set up on direct debit..

I still made a manual payment .. and I called them again to confirm that the direct debit is back on

I called to speak with them and they said they are required by law to report if you agree to make payment by direct debit

and you don't do so *even if you make manual payment * !!

This is is so so wrong !

I did explain the fraud situation !

I mean .. what else could I have done not to be hit harder ? ..

Advise on steps to take on this unfair situation .. Thanks

have you a letter from your bank

confirming the fraud

and them recommending stopping everything.

a copy of that 'should' be enough for them to resolve the issue

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

EE are lying to you. There is no requirement in law to make any reporting on your credit file.

This is merely an industry practice.

The only law relating to credit file reporting is that if they do enter reports on your credit file, that they must be accurate.

If your payment was not late but was simply made in a way that they did not expect, then it is their systems which are at fault and the entry on your credit file is unlawful.

I suggest that you read our customer services guide and then call them and discuss it and try to get them to repeat exactly the same things that they have been telling you on the phone so far – after having implemented the advice in our customer services guide, of course.

In the same conversation, you should get them to agree that you have not at all been behind on your payment and that in fact your manual payment was made in time.

If you can get these admissions recorded, then you are in a position to deal with the matter and also to get compensation.

I will probably suggest that you then given 14 days to correct the matter and also pay you compensation or else issue a small claim in the County Court.

If you can get the evidence I have suggested above, then your chances of success are almost 100%.

I would suggest compensation of about £250 assuming that it hasn't impacted on your mortgage application yet.

If it does impact on your mortgage application thing will be looking at a lot more.

Don't bother going to the communications regulator. It will take too long and almost nothing will happen.

Don't bother going to the information Commissioner – same story

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much everyone yet again :) !

So much going on these days .

.. after a couple of more calls and explanations.

.. one of the representatives was kind enough to give me a *valid email *

apparently the 1st one I was given was not the right one ! [email protected] ...

while this 2nd is the right one [email protected] ...

.I think they just gave me that one to get me off their backs ! Typical !!

After receiving a response from experian on Friday that ee said the entry was accurate ..

of which I called ee straight back again and insisted that they put a note on my file that I did make effort so things didn't get this far .

. and I was actually told that it was an error from their side .

. and yes I did record our conversation as advised by **Bankfodder** and I also got their names .

. I ve just received this email today Tuesday ..

Thanks for your email about the credit data we sent to your Equifax, Experian and Callcredit credit files.

We have looked into this for you and can confirm that the credit reference agencies have been instructed to remove the late payment you are referring to.

This change will reflect in 72 hours* Please obtain a brand new copy of your credit report to see this change.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused,* I hope this resolves your query.

THANKS EVERYONE! ! ANOTHER ONE DOWN :) :)