Xercise4Less / CRS / Harlands / Zinc Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I signed up for a years membership with Xercise4Less Leeds branch in October 2013.

After the full year had passed, I emailed X4L querying what the cancellation process was I had moved out of the area and did not wish to continue my membership.

I received an email back stating that I must fill out a form and send it to them, either by post or email.

I did so and sent it back to them, I asked them for confirmation of receipt however no one replied to me.

I waited a month before cancelling my direct debits.

Since January 15 I have been receiving numerous calls a day, and have been sent many letters from ZINC collections.

I have left voicemails / emails however I am just going in roundabouts trying to explain my situation.

ZINC are demanding me to pay £126.49 that I supposedly owe.

I paid every month of my contract and believe I cancelled it correctly.

What would you advise me to do? I have copies of all emails sent, and bank statements showing the money left my account each month.

I am worried that this collection notice is going to affect my credit rating in the future, will it?

Regards

mn11aah

Hi Mn11 and welcome to CAG

If your first email to X4L said that you wanted to cancel, THAT was the appropriate date of your cancellation notice to the gym.

Even though they may want you to fill in a form, you didn't need to do this to effectively cancel.

1. When did you first email about wanting to cancel.

2. When was your DD paid each month.

3. When was the last DD paid.

Read other threads here and see how you need to ignore Harlands, CRS and Zinc most of the time. Keep all contact in writing only. If they phone you, just say "In writing only" then hang up !!

Don't worry about them adding fees as we maintain they're not enforceable.

We'll suggest what to do next when you give us more info.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My DD was paid on the 5th/6th of each month.

My first payment was on the 5/11/2013, last payment 06/10/2014 (they offered me first month free).

So does this affect my credit rating or not??

I don't know what to do, constantly being harrassed.

It would be a very foolish man if they did try and mark your credit files!

Money in your pocket if they did, check your files anyway, but you've nothing to worry about.

Keep a diary of events regarding their criminal offence of harassment, with a view to reporting them to the police.

When they ring laugh and hang up, repeat the process every time.

Alternatively, as slick says, just tell them ''in writing only'' then hang up.

This has nothing to do with a powerless DCA, this is purely X4L doing, and you should make a formal complaint to them and TS.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Mn,

Please answer my Q1 in post #2 above.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Mn,

Gym m/ships are no longer recorded on CRA files so that won't be a problem.

Your email of 30th Sept'r was adequate notice of cancellation so you payment on 6th October was the last payment needed and this gave you access to the gym up to 5th Nov'r 2014.Write to the gym saying :-

I sent you an email confirming my wish to cancel on 30th September 2014 and paid my last DD payment on 6th October. This fulfilled my obligations for cancelling.

However, you asked me to fill in your own form which I also completed and sent to you, although you failed to confirm receipt.

I am now being harassed by Harlands, CRS and Zinc for payments that I do not owe and require that you instruct them to cease immediately.

If they continue to harass me, I will hold Xercise4Less responsible in any action that I take, or complaints made to Trading Standards.

Send this to X4L with a copy to Harlands. Use normal post but get free Certificates of Posting from the PO for each letter.

Keep us informed.