• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kapama and minicredit loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going to have their heads!

Back a while ago minicredit decided to kill my loan off when I complained due to the fraud.

They advised it was all said and done.

Opos then got their hands on it and it was a battle to get them to follow suit and do as Minicredit said they were going to do..

Finished I thought....

NO! My Noddle credit file updated this morning and I have an entry against Kapama Ltd for the exact same loan!

Even though OPOS promised in writing that it was over and done with!? (Kapama are Opos)

Any ideas here? This is the third time I've had to deal with this...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Maybe you could explain the story a bit more motheodically please.

Sure Bankfodder... My Bad as ive been at work all day.

Right... This is a toughie as I thought I already had a thread on Minicredit.

Very simply in 2011, someone took a loan in my name. Minicredit were my first target on my way to clearing my CRA once I had woken up to what had gone on so................................

I contacted them and it was written off as it should be when I completed their questionnaire and included the Actionfraud reference.

Now heres the thing. As we know, Minicredit dissolved recently however and just before they did that, last year they sold their loan portfolio to Kapama Limited. This is when I started having problems. Kapama sent me a notice of assignment and I had to battle with them and even sent got Minicredit to email them about it.

Opos did half a job as in February this year I got another NOA from Kapama. When I rang and said the account was closed they confirmed it was and had been since December 2014 when Minicredit first emailed along with me emailing them.

I was told to "Ignore" the NOA and just "Get on with life"... So before I did just that, I sent a cease and desist notice on the 1st Feb this year Scott Dawson who is head of Kapama Group... And their complaints team... It was ignored. But to be fair, it may have been adhered to and they probably took it under advisement as I heard nothing from them until..............

TODAY! Or rather when I checked Noddle... And what do we have...................

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57653[/ATTACH]

Its the same bloody loan that Minicredit confirmed as being closed.

Technically it shouldn't have been sold in the first place but there is NOTHING I can do about that.

But I can do something about this. Kapama are now reporting on a closed account that shouldnt even be anywhere near my credit profile in the first place and that was written off by Minicredit...

I rang today to speak to their Customer Relations Team... "Sorry they are all at lunch"...

To be fair the guy was a bit of a T*****...

I have once again emailed today complaints and Scott Dawson who is the MD of the group and who is also on the FCAs register as the contact for the company. I feel like im banging my head against a brick wall.

Can i use the "14 day resolution otherwise its being referred to the Courts?" (LBA in this case)?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Have you made a complaint to the Credit Reference Agency and supplied them with a copy of the email/letter from Mini Credit ?

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I raised a dispute yesterday through Noddle to Callcredit CitB so hopefully this should work. Im worried that they will say they cant remove it.

Also knowing Kapama... Im not sure that it will be the end if it is removed.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Guys

Update;

Further to your email of 20h May 2015 and your subsequent call dated 20th of May 2015 and emails up to 22th May 2015, I am concerned to hear that you have been dissatisfied with the service Opos Limited has provided. At Opos Limited we always welcome customer comments as it helps us to put things right for you.

My understanding of your complaint is detailed below but please contact me if this is incorrect.

• You wish for the default entered on the 1st of April 2015 to be removed

• You believe this should not have been registered due to fraudulent activity being advised in December 2014

I can confirm that I have now had the opportunity to review your account along with the documentation from Mini Credit and the documentation submitted by yourself and my findings are as followed:

On the 10th of December 2014, Opos Limited was passed over this account via Mini Credit in order for further collections activity to proceed on a contingency basis for Mini Credit, as this was the basis of our relationship at that period of time.

On the 18th of December 2014, we had received an email direct from Mini Credit which was directed for yourself, advising that they have reviewed the account and subsequently decided that they were under the belief that the loan was highly unlikely that it was taken out by yourself, and consequently closed it off as Fraud. After we were in receipt of this email, we subsequently closed off the account as Fraud due to this information submitted to ourselves and no further action was to proceed in terms of Opos Limited proceeding further and Mini Credit advising that this would be struck from your credit file.

As it has been noted, a default notice from Kapama Limited has been applied to your credit file, however, after further investigation, I can conclude that this has been applied through technical errors, as Call Credit had recently applied this additional continuation of Mini Credit defaults on your previous default with Mini Credit on behalf of Kapama Limited, due to a portfolio purchase previously of Mini Credit accounts prior to them ceasing to trade. I understand that Mini Credit had wiped your previous default, however, it would appear that your account was not recognised as Closed once the initial report was sent out due to this.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding this, I understand your disappointment and frustration regarding this issue, however this will be amended forthright and Call Credit will be advised to remove the default completely, as it was previously.

If you remain unhappy, you also have the option to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service, so long as you do this within six months of the date of this email.

Whats the chances I could sue them in the county court for this... Im not happy with the response "Technical Errors" This means for 2 months that I had this default sitting their when it was incorrectly placed...

Call me blunt, but I just feel it was unfair it got this far in the first place.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Technical error eh, sounds a lot like Lowells 'Admin errors'!

Well if they are going to rectify your CRF, then I wouldn't worry.

If however, if in the last three months of this inaccurate data being on there you have been refused credit or it has affected you in some other way, then by all means sue them for defamation.

But unless you can show that this has affected you in some way, then I fear that you won't get any joy chasing this..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thought as much :) , Yeah my end result was just hoping they would sort this out like ASAP :)

And to be fair 3 days for a resolution is not bad at all... :) They goes me bigging up a DCA lol

For reference, can we close the thread. Just for the record, I emailed their Complaints team @ [email protected]

Steve Dawson - MD @ [email protected]

Margo Kidd - Compliance Exec @ [email protected]

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

fkofilee

- have just noticed a similar issue with kapama on a debt that was passed to opos over a year ago

- I had actually a complaint against minicredit upheld for unaffordable lending related to these loans

which of course they never honoured as they buggered off.

u can imagine my surprise when this little jewel popped up.

it seems they have the right to do this even though minicredit did not uphold their obligations

- anyway i got on to them with formal complaint and they have agreed to remove it.

I will be on to FOS with a new complaint if it doesnt done sharpish....