ESA Re-Assessments

telemark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I will soon be coming up to ESA re-assessment time and have started to dread the post waiting for the big brown envelope.

I just wondered how quickly generally whomever's doing the medicals now is calling people for re-assessments when their date is due/shortly upcoming?

My condition hasn't improved, maybe slightly worsened and I'm being treated in both primary and secondary care but I'm assuming they will call me for another medical regardless?

I think how quickly re-assessments happen is very variable depending upon where you live etc.

You won't necessarily get another face to face assessment, particularly if you can submit evidence with your ESA50 to support your condition worsening. It's probably worth starting to collect your evidence now, and not just from medical professionals. Even keeping a diary to record what problems you have and how often can be helpful.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Call them and ask them,I was due my medical march 14th and didn't hear anything was getting a bit panicky in case form was lost in the post,I called them and they said my medical had been moved back until March 2017 must have been because of the backlogs.

Mine is due in january 2016, months yet but looming like a dark cloud. I consider myself lucky that I sailed from IB to ESA support group without a face to face and got a 2 year reprieve. Not sure if this was due to genuine reasons on their behalf in recognising my states of health (wording seemed to ) or whether it was more to do with the mish mash of atos at that time as it was around the time all the hype was on about them leaving the contract etc......

Ive got all the paperwork, only changes here is more meds and added conditions, less mobility and now needing a stick to walk due to worsened hip/knee pain, which both give in and have caused a few near falls (thankfully there was always a wall or stable object to break the fall on these occasions) but balance is dodgy and may be/likely is hip related. Am guessing its arthritis but as yet hasnt been investigated further. This may be in the pipe line soon though as its getting worse without doubt. I darent risk walking that far without the stick as the pain kicks in then its literally only paces before i become unstable.

Sorry for essay just thinking aloud and hoping the last reprieve wasnt the calm before an almighty storm.....

I'm also due Jan 16 and my DLA is due Feb 16 so I'm anticipating an interesting year. My only ray of hope is that after all the hassle last time, ATOS won't want to do a face to face for the PIP transfer as they know they'd have to do a home visit again and ATOS do not like doing home visits. So far as the ESA is concerned, I was awarded support group on the only criteria they assessed due to an incurable and degenerative condition which I've had for 27 years and due to which had they assessed all criteria I actually met at least three for the support group and probably would have scored in excess of 50 points. However, as with many incurable degenerative conditions, no doubt the DWP will wave their magic wand and tell me I'll be fit for work in 3 months or something daft this time around.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Sent my ESA form off in May 2013, not heard a thing. Benefits still being paid though. I did read somewhere that if they don't need to see you then they may not even contact you to tell you so as they did with me in 2011.

No idea when I'm due. I was awarded support group in Nov 2012; so my guess would be Nov 2015. Should get into support group again as I've just got worse, got more conditions and got more medication.