Trouble Obtaining Service Info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently purchased a car from an airport transfer company.

Before I purchased the vehicle, I spoke to the owner that advised me that due to being classed as a taxi, the car has a meticulous service history with a lot of parts replaced due to the high mileage.

I've now purchased the vehicle and now I'm having a wee bit of trouble obtaining the history from the company.

Despite the history belonging to the car which I guess I'm entitled too, they wan't to charge ME as It'll cost their accountant to to obtain the documents.

Obviously I'm refusing to pay anything and as It stands now, I'm getting no response from them.

What can I do??

You shouldn't pay them a penny. The documents come with the car. Any cist is completely their responsibility

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you are getting no response at all, then send your demand in a polite but forceful manner by recorded delivery letter. Tell them that the documentation is part of the car and that as you purchased the car you also purchased the documentation along with it.

You can also mention that failure to respond will mean you take further advice.

This is my latest email to the company -

Before I purchased your Saab 9-5, you told me that a lot of work had been carried out on the vehicle. Being used as a company vehicle/taxi, the service on the vehicle was thoroughly maintained. I need the information for my own records ... cam belt changes etc.

As I now own the vehicle, I am entitled to this information as it belongs to the car.

I'm not to sure as to the reason why you/your company are reluctant to pass this on to me??

Please can you arrange for any documentation to be emailed to me or posted to :

I will take this matter further If not resolved.

Regards,

The reply was -

Dear Sir,

We have explained the situation in previous communications. If you are not happy with that, I'm sorry.

The documents for the vehicle were made available at the garage.

We haven't hidden anything from you, it is a £1230, 7 year old taxi with and was never sold as anything else.

As far as taking further action in this matter, you have to do what you see fit.

The documents made available were the service book and Mot. I spoke to the owner before purchasing who ran off a long list of work done. The documentation is there but they will not let me have it. Even timing belt change data and mileage would be handy!!