Liability orders how they are processed and issued FoI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think that breakdown is a load of twaddle. Equally, the challenge of whether or not a Liability Order is lawful has been going on for ages.

While there's no harm in discussing away to your heart's content, I'm afraid that in reality HM Courts and the Government are unlikely to change the way they do things. I think their method is set out quite clearly in the response 'Mr Ceylon' had. That is reality, that's what happens and how ever much it is discussed on here, that won't change. If people think they can change it, feel free to try, but I'm pretty sure you'll get nowhere.

Complacent? No, just realistic.

That breakdown looks familiar...

Paragraphs 205 to 212 of this!!! (Annex A)

Interesting. So, once the number of summonses issued are know for each year, the next steps are: a) is to obtain a breakdown of the summons costs; and b) the number of staff employed dealing with arrears and summonses. From these facts, calculations can then be made to test the soundness of the breakdown, or whether the figures represent a fiction.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

This thread is fast moving away from the Reverend's successful court case and instead, looks in danger of becoming a continuation of the long running thread (now closed) where full details of these Freedom of Information requests have been published.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?413648-Reverend-Paul-Nicolson-has-local-authorities-really-worried-as-he-is-quot-willfully-refusing-quot-to-pay-his-council-tax-!-WON(10-Viewing)-nbsp

Interesting. So, once the number of summonses issued are know for each year, the next steps are: a) is to obtain a breakdown of the summons costs; and b) the number of staff employed dealing with arrears and summonses. From these facts, calculations can then be made to test the soundness of the breakdown, or whether the figures represent a fiction.

That approach was possible in the highlighted case because the council accounted for each individual summons in terms of 'hours'. Not many councils account for the costs this way but for those that do it just requires simple mathematics to estimate the number of staff which would be required to do the work that it claims.

The estimate in that case was a minimum of 68 full time staff working constantly which does not seem feasible.

There is no need for any more Freedom of Information requests !!! There are literally hundreds of them already and they can be read by searching any one of the 'names' listed in post 20 of the following link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?446106-FOI-Requests&p=4736862&viewfull=1#post4736862

That Council must use a different variation of the Royal Mail, 2nd Class stamps are only 54p now and the assumption is they use a franking machine so imagine they will be paying about 48p - not he 61p they claim.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That Council must use a different variation of the Royal Mail, 2nd Class stamps are only 54p now and the assumption is they use a franking machine so imagine they will be paying about 48p - not he 61p they claim.

As I have earlier stated, all local authorities will now be undertaking the task of correctly itemising the actual costs and I fear that in many cases, the amounts will actually increase as LA's will be looking at appying a percentage of the recharges from the HR depts, Legal dept etc etc etc.

In the county court, service is not valid unless a letter is sent by first class mail. Would this also apply to council tax summonses?

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

On a related note, open question to all, has anyone actually seen a "Liability order" issued from the Magistrates court for council tax. And this is a trick question, because, they do not issue them, the councils just Issue "Liability order notices", the two documents are not the same.

One is an official document from the court the other is a fraudulent attempt to make you believe they have a liability order....don't believe me? check, If you have a "Liability order from a local council for council tax, read it carefully, it will state across the top "Liability order notice", to enforce council tax they need the actual order, that does not exist. ask the council or the court to provide it or a copy, I have waited over a year for this information and it still has not arrived....

I do appreciate that you have spent a considerable amount of time (over 2 years) researching this subject and I therefore hope that you do not mind if I correct you on the above statement.

The reason WHY individuals will not be able to obtain a copy of a 'Liability Order' is simply because the regulations do not provide for such a statutory notice. The statutory regulations revoking the Form of Liability Order (Form A and B) came into effect in 2003.