Parking Eye Aldi Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

Just thought I would share a hopefully helpful experience and would like to hear if this works for anyone else!

I recently got a ticket through the post from Parking Lie and was fuming. I received it in a small town which only has free car parking so it's weird how Aldi has managed parking but the other 500 council spaces are free with no time limits!

Anyway I phoned Aldi to complain and let them know I was not happy after doing my weekly shop there and it costing me an extra £70 in Parking Lie charges and they said they would help me appeal the ticked but could not guarentee me winning so I stopped this line of enquiry.

I then decided to use a tactic I have used on other complaints in the past.

I found Aldi's UK managing directors email address and sent him a email about my disappointment on receiving the ticket etc....

I then got a reply back asking for my mobile number as the regional manager wanted to contact me.

I swiftly got a call back from the regional manager who agreed that genuine customers should not be charged if they over stayed and it was a matter where common sense should be applied and said he will get intouch with Parking Lie and cancel this ticket.

The next morning I received a email from Aldi's customer services notifying me of the cancelation, bingo!

In my situation I was a genuine customer and had receipts and bank statements proving I was there and spent money in the store but did not need to provide them.

So my advice is contact the head of the company or car park owner if you get one of these tickets as they don't want genuine customers to be penalised. They certainly don't want people complaining on the businesses Facebook and Twitter etc and don't want the bad PR.

This worked for me and I don't need to get intouch with Parking Lie, if the message does not get through to Parking Lie at lease I have written proof from Aldi that it is cancelled and they have cancelled it.

Please use this technique if you have get a ticket in similar circumstances to me and post back and let me know if it works as I would love to know I've helped.

Cheers

J1snn

Hi

I'n glad you got this sorted out so quickly but I do have to say you are the exception rather than the rule. I have seen letters from Aldi where they absolve themselves of all responsibility and pass the buck to PE.

I don't know if you had read this thread but it does show what a lottery being anywhere near an Aldi can be.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?441861-ParkingEye-signage&p=4597094&viewfull=1#post4597094

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE