• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LTSB charges reclaiming Scotland **WON**

gemspan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Spent the whole weekend reading around the forum and will be posting my initial letter to Lloyds TSB tomorrow asking for refund of charges totalling £439.77.

At the moment my account is in overdraft of £275+ due to only their charges so I am claiming interest too on that.

I just want to make sure before I send off the claim that I am sending it to the right place for Lloyds TSB SCotland - an office in Birmingham, Customer Services REcovery Unit, 125 Clmore Row. That seems to be the only address I could find when looking at Scottish claims.

I'll keep you up to speed on what is happening.

Gem.

I just want to make sure before I send off the claim that I am sending it to the right place for Lloyds TSB SCotland - an office in Birmingham, Customer Services REcovery Unit, 125 Clmore Row. That seems to be the only address I could find when looking at Scottish claims.

That's the one!

Elsinore:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thereJust wanted to update you on my claim with Lloyds TSB Scotland. I sent off my my initial letter asking for payment of £439.77 in unlawful charges on 7th November 2006. I received the attached letter (edited!) on last Friday."....You mentioned the new guidelines of the Office of Fair Trading on credit card fedault charges. We dont agree with the OFTs thinking on this and were still talking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines only concern default charges. The fees we charge for going over an overdraft limit and for returned payments are not any kind of default penalty. they are fixed standard prices for the service we provide in these situations...."That is the only relevant part that I wanted to post but it consisted of 2 pages of absolute rubbish and the usual company clap-trap.I am today sending a LBA. Keep you posted on what they respond.Does anyone have any thoughts on their comments as above.CheersAnnie

• 2 weeks later...

The battle commences!!!! Have heard nothing at all from Lloyds TSB so tomorrow I will be preparing all the court forms. Can I do this online to save me having to go up to Edinburgh Sheriff Court for a small claims action?

Thanks a lot.

Annie

Hi

Received a letter today from solicitors SC&M advising me that I owe TSB £281.38. The letter was dated 11th December - one day before my deadline!!!! peculiar or what? :D

I will be writing to them advising them that I am about to take action against LTSB for the sum of £439 plus interest plus expenses. THis amount is made up purely of charges and they are threatening me with being report to CCAs. I say, BRING IT ON!!!!!!

One thing I have been thinking about. This company is regulated by The Law Society. If it is considered to be the case that these charges are unlawful, then this company are acting unlawfully by acting for LTSB. Also, they should be advising their client to actually give the breakdown of how these charges are made. I find this very disappointing and I think that once this claim is settled I will be reporting them to The Law Society to see what they think of the way they are acting.

Am I right in thinking that they cannot do this as I am disputing the account? They will know this and in effect they are bullying me and also threatening me. This is not the way I would expect a legal company to act.

Gemspan

HI there

Received a letter today from Lloyds settling my claim in full without having to resort to court action. I am absolutely gobsmacked!!!!! They have however changed the way their letters are worded and it would appear that all the banks are trying to get in on this now. They say the service they provide to accept the application for unauthorised overdraft and decline etc., costs this amount of money. Same as HSBC. However, as soon as the money is through I will be donating to the site.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm chuffed to bits. Only £100 will come to me though the rest will just go into paying off the overdraft incurred through their charges and interest.

Gemspan

Hi there

Thanks for your good wishes!!! I thought I was in this for the long haul as Lloyds seem to be the worst for settling. I think it was because the amount wasnt that much. Anyway, thank you once again. I couldnt have done this without this web site. One down 6 (or is it 7!) to go. :D

Gemspan

• 4 months later...

HI there

I have an account with Lloyds TSB Scotland and claimed back £419 bank charges in December last year. The overdraft balance on my account at that time was made up purely of charges and in fact they had to pay me and I had a credit balance.

I have since got a new job and have been having my salary paid into this account for the last 3 months. I have sold my house and decided to rent in the meantime in a bid to try and get my finances sorted out. I have had to pay a lot of money for a deposit for a house but I am going to be getting £30,000 in equity from my house sale in June.

I went to Lloyds on Monday to talk about investment and they were all over me. I then said that I would like to have a small overdraft of £500 to see me through until this money comes through because I have just had to pay almost £1000 for a deposit for a new house to rent and have to find the first month's rent before I move in. The bank manager said that he would OK the overdraft but it was referred to HO. HO refused because they said that my account had been in overdraft since June last year. I advised them that this had been charges and in fact they repaid them and I have been in credit since. They said that didnt matter and the answer was no!!!!

Has anybody else had this money. They told me the risk was too high!!!! Too high. I am about to get £30,000 in 6 weeks; they are happy to take that off me to invest; happy to have my salary paid in; but not happy to help me until this money comes through.

I feel I have been disadvantages because I claimed back charges. Is there anything I can do?

Advice from a mod or experienced person would be gratefully received.

Thanks a bunch

Gemspan

hi gemspan

i had the same problem with lloyds... i have been a customer for over 18yrs and had a mortage, life ins, contents ins everything was via them, i sold my house two years ago and moved into rented accom, last feb i brought another house and lloyds wouldnt give me another mortgage as i was a risk, dont worry about it, go to someone else who does want ur money,

Hi there

I just cant help feeling that I want to do something about this. They are clearly refusing me because of the bank charges. They say my account was in overdraft but it wouldnt have been in overdraft if they hadnt charged me. I have just spoken to their telephone banking who have told me there is nothing they can do and I must send a complaint to the Banking Ombudsman. What sort of company deals with complaints in this way?

I will wait until my cheque has been cashed for my new rent and then will take them all the way. They are still entering inaccurate information about me with CRAs as well. Bar stewards!!!!!!

Annie

Yeh, you're right!!!! I've asked one of my friends if she will lend me some money until things are sorted with the house. When things are sorted I am going to go somewhere else - away from all of the gits!!!! and start afresh!!! I just cant wait.

thanks for your support though. At least I know Im not the only one!!!!

Annie

• 4 months later...

Hi All

I thought I would bring this to your attention.

4 weeks ago I wrote a cheque for £300. As it was not cashed immediately or within 2 weeks I moved the money from my current account into my online saver account and was checking my internet banking every morning and every evening. The plan was that as soon as I saw that this was being presented then I would transfer the money immediately from my online saver account.

Because it hadnt been presented I was getting a bit anxious as I thought the letter may have gone astray so I was giving it until Monday and I was going to cancel the cheque. I arrived home today to a lettr from LTSB Scotland saying tat they had bounced at cheque for £300 yesterday as there was insufficient funds to cover it.

I checked my internet banking first thing in the morning and this did not show. I immediately phoned up customer services to see what was happening and they told me that there was nothing showing on my account for £300. I told them about the letter and they spoke to their team leader. It transpires that, if you write an English cheque it will show on your account as coming out that day and you have the opportunity of paying money in to cover it but, if you write a Scottish cheque, if the cheque is presented and there is insufficient funds in your account it doesnt even show as having been presented. It just bounces it.

The guy on the end of the phone tried to tell me that it was different laws in Scotland. To which I replied he was talking rubbish and this was a clear case of discrimination between English and Scottish customers. I should have the same facilities as English customers; I shouldnt have a limited service.

Has anybody else come across this and, if possible, I would like confirmation that the cheque does in fact show on LTSB bank accounts in England for a case I may prepared for court.

This has caused me immense embarrassment. Its not as if I didnt have the money. I was just trying to keep it in a higher interest account until it was needed. This is definitely the first internet banking service that I have used that has such outdated systems.

Look forward to receiving your replies.

Thanks a million

Gemspan

• 7 months later...

Hi there

Like everybody else on this forum I have been trying to get my bank charges back. TSB currently owe me about £800 - £650 or so of that is overdraft and that all stems from going £2 overdrawn!!!! eek!!!

Anyway, despite having a letter with a claim number and everything I have been getting letters from all sorts demanding money and threatening to take me to court, spoil my credit score etc.,

I called LTSB up today and spoke to a girl there who advised me that LTSB are the only bank who has changed their charging structure. They did this following research and discussions with the OFT. Prior to putting their new charging structure in place they got the go ahead from the OFT to say that it was fair. Oh, right I said. I think when I've finished talking to you I will just get on the phone to the OFT and confirm that!!! Obviously as the calls are recorded I will be able to ask for a copy of the call to verify what you have told me. There was silence!!!!

I then called OFT and they advised me that this most definitely was not the case. I've therefore sent an email to their investigations department (at the request of the OFT!) so that they can investigate.

What is the world coming to.

I also asked them about the OFT guidelines on debt collection and how I was disputing this debt but getting letters etc, Again, naughty LTSB. They shouldnt be doing this. Not until the outcome of the OFT Test Case is heard anyway.

I advised OFT that this was widespread and that lots of vulnerable people were having their lives and credit scores etc., ruined because they couldnt get to court to fight them because of the stay they have put in place.

Just have to wait and see what they come back with!!!

Gemspan

I advised OFT that this was widespread and that lots of vulnerable people were having their lives and credit scores etc., ruined because they couldnt get to court to fight them because of the stay they have put in place.

To be fair it was the FSA that put the waiver in place not the OFT

• dx100uk changed the title to LTSB charges reclaiming Scotland **WON**