Help with HCEO PRE new rules & charges please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent them a copy of the writ and asked if it was still valid. Then I replied explaining I am the defendant and asking if it is still valid and they replied with writs are usually valid for 12 months but can be extended before they expire. Speak to CAB

I usually find the enforcement section helpfull & don't understand their response. I would have sent them the Writ No only and asked when it was obtained & if it has been renewed. The only other course of action is to ask the HCEO although to me it appears you are being frustrated at each turn.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I usually find the enforcement section helpfull & don't understand their response. I would have sent them the Writ No only and asked when it was obtained & if it has been renewed. The only other course of action is to ask the HCEO although to me it appears you are being frustrated at each turn.

I couldn't work out what the writ number was, there was only a case number

If you have a copy of the Writ to hand then in the top right hand side it should say something similar to:

"In the High Court of Justice sent from xxxxx County Court" and will have a reference number, are you sure you just do not have a copy of the CCJ which may be headed:

"Judgment for Claimant" top left & 2 or 3 boxes on the right hand side giving Ref No, name of County Court.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's some examples:

County Court Judgment - http://www.debt-advice-uk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Judgment-for-Claimant.jpg

High Court Writ - http://www.johnnydebt.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Notice-of-Seizure.jpg - most companies use their own versions and what you may have is different to this but the top right of the paage shows what you should be looking for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are going to have to contact the HCEO and ask them for the Writ No then. There seems to be a pattern of Enforcement Co's withholding relevant information from debtors, seems as if their call handlers are being economical.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The HCEO has a duty to give you the information you require and should do so without protest.

Only if the matter is post April 2014 and falls under the new TCoG regulations could it be extended in that manner and given the fees you have listed this is not one of those cases.

I asked that exact question and was told it applied to all outstanding writs even those issued prior to the new rules

To the best of my knowledge ...a writ issued before the change in the rules would need to be renewed every 12 months and as Hceo's has already stated, the fees being charged to your writ suggest this is not the case and the writ would need to be renewed yearly.

It might appear that they don't want to go to the bother of renewing the defunct writ, and like a politician will lie hoping that if they keep lying through their teeth you will think it is the truth.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

HI Thank you, I'll try that avenue. I can't reply to your PM as you have too many messages

Thank you, message box now emptied again.

You do not have enough posts helpplease to reply to PM's, if you do need to contact wonkeydonkey then you can do so via myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I am after some more help I'm afraid. I have been paying them for about 18 months and have paid around £450. The bailiffs told me they had paid the creditor £200 but I have found out from them that they only received £100 in may this year. I understood there were rules about how payments had to be "divied up" can anyone clarify what they are?

Pre April 2014, most HCEO's had agreements with their clients on the way the sums recovered would be split. This will probably account for the differences you've been told. I would add, that some clients have a minimum pay out amount meaning that they are only paid when the sum reaches a certain amount. This varies from client to client and may also be a factor.