I am in court 22nd May! CEAL/DEL - help! **Discontinued **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that CEL/DEAL will do their usual disappearing act and not show up. In which case you'll win by default.

But, in the unlikely event that they do, you should have more than enough ammunition in this thread alone to sink their claim and be awarded your own (reasonable) costs.

Those "signatures" for instance. While there might not be enough evidence there to investigate a criminal act, showing them to the judge will instil an element of doubt in their mind, and that's all you need to do. The judge will look at it "on the balance of probability" (a much lower threshold), and you'd have to say that on the balance of probability, those forms were not signed by the same person, so one cannot be certain that the signature on your claim form in that of the 'genuine' Mr M Shwartz (who doesn't actually exist on the role of solicitors).

Good luck, not that I think you'll actually need it thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi Everyone

The mysterious letter at the post office was a notice of discontinuance. It had been issued on the 18.05.2015.

However being the untrusting soul I am (thanks to all your advice) I went down to Wakefield court and confirmed the case had in fact been discontinued.

Watchdog are investigating these people so I have supplied them with all the documents shared on here.

Cant thank you guys enough for all your help and support.

Day at home for me then!!!

Thank you

Edited by citizenB

Excellent, is it these clowns that are on next weeks Watchdog?

I know they are running a piece on a PPC issuing fake court/sol letters...should be good!

Ha ha, great minds DBC!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Excellent, is it these clowns that are on next weeks Watchdog?

I know they are running a piece on a PPC issuing fake court/sol letters...should be good!

Ha ha, great minds DBC!

Not sure but I am now vehemently joining the campaign against these people in whatever way I can. I have lost sleep and been stressed over the tactics used. Fake and photocopied letters, non practicing solicitors' who cant spell their own name, electronic signatures etcetc. The whole practice is disgusting

Excellent news - I have amended your thread title to reflect that this was discontinued :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

well done jules glad to help.

give watchdog everthing they ask for

that's all i'll say:wink:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Congrats.

Bet you are glad you didnt pay now :)

Well done for staying strong!

And thanks dx for the corrections on my post :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Not sure but I am now vehemently joining the campaign against these people in whatever way I can. I have lost sleep and been stressed over the tactics used. Fake and photocopied letters, non practicing solicitors' who cant spell their own name, electronic signatures etcetc. The whole practice is disgusting

Welcome to the 'Wonderful World of Private Parking Companies'

A world in which they make up the rules, usually as they go along.

Out of interest, what was the date on the letter that they sent regarding the case being discontinued?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

You can now send a bill to DEAL for your wasted effort in preparing a defence when they knew that there was no case to answer. The problem with a discontinuance is that unless it was literally the day before you will have trouble persuading the judge due to hear it that you deserve your costs. Try writing to the court and asking for a costs order.

However, you are now wised up to how this particular crook operates. 75% of people give up and pay up so they rake in tens of thousands of pounds that if the cases went to court would get them nothing. Tell all of your friends and relax over a cold drink.

Welcome to the 'Wonderful World of Private Parking Companies'

A world in which they make up the rules, usually as they go along.

Out of interest, what was the date on the letter that they sent regarding the case being discontinued?

I have now sat and looked at the documentation.

The notice of discontinuence is dated 18/05. Cant read the signature but isnt Schwartz or Cohen.

The letter attached from DEAL is dated 19/05 and is marked urgent sent by guaranteed next day delivery before 1pm.. Looks like it is signed by someone called Debs ! but is a true signature rather than a template.

I suppose they leave it till the eleventh hour to see if you will actually pay

Thanks for this Eric's brother but I think I am going to count my blessings.

The suggested fine and costs on the letters sent to me go up above £500 and whilst I know I could have paid the amount within 28 days and not suffered a ccj, it still makes me feel sick when I think what I could otherwise spend £500 on!!!

I have now sat and looked at the documentation.

The notice of discontinuence is dated 18/05. Cant read the signature but isnt Schwartz or Cohen.

The letter attached from DEAL is dated 19/05 and is marked urgent sent by guaranteed next day delivery before 1pm.. Looks like it is signed by someone called Debs ! but is a true signature rather than a template.

I suppose they leave it till the eleventh hour to see if you will actually pay

They do, and you can bet your life that they also look at forums such as this one, to see what they're about to get hit with if they're daft enough to take it all the way. They knew all along that they had no case and were probably just sat there with their fingers crossed hoping that you didn't and would just pay up.

Yay! Well done, Juel. :cheer2:

I think you did just the right thing going to court to confirm. It's not unknown for some companies to say they've discontinued and then go on to get judgements in default because someone more trusting than you didn't turn up at the court, I believe.

Have a great weekend and keep up the campaigning. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Are there not now cost implications ?. I can see CPR 38.6 says it doesn't apply to small track claims, but is the defendant/OP entitled to some costs ? (I guess the amount of £90 ?, doesn't apply as he was told in advance of the discontinuance.

Are there not now cost implications ?. I can see CPR 38.6 says it doesn't apply to small track claims, but is the defendant/OP entitled to some costs ? (I guess the amount of £90 ?, doesn't apply as he was told in advance of the discontinuance.

I think you can only reclaim costs in the small claims court if the claimant behaved badly/abused the process. I doubt a claim could be made for losing a day off work or travel expenses could be reclaimed, as you say they did notify the discontinuance :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Apologies - appreciate I'm more than likely breaching the forum etiquette however really need help asap!

CCJ letter received from Wright Hassall (Right Hassle) solicitors. Sum is for £300 in a free car park! CCJ response required in 14 days - any idea on response which could hold any weight?

Please help!

Apologies - appreciate I'm more than likely breaching the forum etiquette however really need help asap!

CCJ letter received from Wright Hassall (Right Hassle) solicitors. Sum is for £300 in a free car park! CCJ response required in 14 days - any idea on response which could hold any weight?

Please help!

You have not received a County Court Judgement. What you have received is an empty threat about taking you to court.

You really should start your own thread.