BankFodder BankFodder

champerington

Help - Lone Parent disbaility

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1747 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm a single 33 year old, with fulltime parental responsibility for two children, 6 and 5. I care fulltime to the children and receive Tax credits.

However. I have just suffered a serious knee injury and had major reconstructive sugery (72hrs ago) so now I'm bed ridden essentially.

My mother who works is currently caring for me and the children. She's experienced serious health issues within the last year so is not able for this role.

My reason for posting was in the hope there might be some help out there, physical or financial.

Is tax credits the only benefit you claim?

Do you get child benefit? Income Support or JSA?

First port of call is probably social services. They may be able to arrange temporary day care for the children for example.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

First port of call is probably social services. They may be able to arrange temporary day care for the children for example.

I will contact them immediately

:champerington:

Before we can suggest any sensible financial advice, we need to know, if you feel able to tell us, whether you're working or already on an income replacement benefit; jobseekers or income support?

If you normally work, and your earnings are high enough, you may be entitled to statutory sick pay. If not, the correct benefit to claim is employment n support allowance.

Best wishes for your recovery, Margaret.

If you don't currently work and put a claim in for employment support allowance, (the benefit for people who are too sick to work) you'll get full housing benefit, council tax support and child benefits for your situation.

You need to send in sick notes to claim employment support allowance.