Speeding Ticket? - Further steps Notice - South Yorkshire Enforcement Division

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suspect this was from when I was living and working in Canada for 6 months.

I never received any notification of a fine or a court date which means I couldn't let them know or attend.

Can I trace this back or appeal in any way?

Also wondering how they got my new address as I have had zero contact with them.

You need to contact the court and find out what the summons/case was about, then arrange to go to court and swear under oath infront of a judge that you had no knowledge of any case against you.

They will give you the option of letting the guilty verdict stand and reducing the fine to the proper level for your income, or cancelling the verdict and starting the prosecution again.

I speak from experience, i've had this happen to me. I found out about a driving offence 3 years (!!!!) after, when I changed my address with the DVLA and they threatened to revoke my licence because I hadn't sent if off to them.

I had already had the points for 3 years, and hadn't declared them to my insurance company (how could I ? I didn't know about them), so they hadn't 'hurt' me, I weighed up the effect of the remaining 2 years of points against the possibility of a full 5 years of points if I was found guilty at a re-trial so I opted to let the verdict stand but had the fine reduced to the correct level for my income.

• dx100uk changed the title to Speeding Ticket? - Further steps Notice - South Yorkshire Enforcement Division