Job Offer and old CCJ's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am looking for advice

I have been offered a job Currently unemployed

Its a great job and one i really wanted , with a top Company

Now ive recieved the offer , i have to complete a pre employment screening

Its screened by a Company called hireright UK

It seems to be a CRB check - Which is fine and Credit check

I have a couple of CCJs from 3/4 years ago which i am paying , and are nearly done

£500 left on one £400 left on another

Any advice on how you think this will effect my postion , its not in Bank its an IT company

After 3 interviews and presentation , to fail here would be gutter .

Anyone been in a similar situation

Many thanks

Hello

I am looking for advice

I have been offered a job Currently unemployed

Its a great job and one i really wanted , with a top Company

Now ive recived the offer , i have to complete a pre employment screening

Its screened by a Company called hireright UK

It seems to be a CRB check - Which is fine and Credit check

I have a couple of CCJs from 3/4 years ago which i am paying , and are nearly done

£500 left on one £400 left on another

Any advice on how you think this will effect my postion , its not in Bank its an IT company

After 3 interviews and presentation , to fail here would be gutter .

Anyone been in a similar situation

Many thanks

Did you disclose the CCJ's ? (And were you asked?)

It may have been better to pre-empt them finding out (they can find them on Trust Online) by telling them.

Not asked untill now i am at the pre employment screen stage Its not carried by the employer its by a 3rd party callled hireright , the form asked for your persnal details and performs CRB ( no Problem ) Credit Check ( Problem ) and feeds the info back to the employer if that makes Sense

Consider calling your contact at the prospective employer.

"I got into problems 4 years ago and got CCJ's.

I've turned my life around, and am happy to show you I've been paying them regularly to clear them.

This new job will help me get them satisfied even sooner"

Would that look better to a prospective employer than "CCJ's showing" coming back on a Trust Online report as an out of the blue surprise to the employer?

You can't stop them finding them : you can try to manage their response to how / when they find out....

agreed . seems to the way to go , - I have a feeling they will tell me where to go , and looking at this job contract on my desk and the money that secure mine and kids lifestyle , is nearly tipping me over the edge so close but so far - its not even a bank , i could understand if it was a bank , used to work for one , - but it seems every decent job these days reqiures a credit check , i know what ill be spending the next few years sorting out

Often you are asked first about debt problems and a criminal record.

Now, they often ask if you have EVER had a CCJ, now as far as I know I don't believe there is a way for such companies to check anything further back than 6 years, if the CCJ was older than 6 years I'd keep schtum, to all intents and purposes it has gone, clearly though if its not 6 years old its best to mention it first, get a credit report first.

Same applies to criminal record, you can get a copy of this from Police, it was recently discussed on here.

Not..In my last job, they turned down a guy due to a CCJ, but later changed their mind and invited him back as generally he was a good candidate,.

The ccjs are in the six years 4 years ago , The Pre screening is done by a 3rd Party Hireright , checkinh noodle the ccjs dont show , checking equifax they dont show , check experian they show, i would which one they will use :) gutted i have a CRB check is clean

They will be interested in knowing if you have any financial difficulties which would be make you more likely to dip your hand in the till than others so it is down to statistics. I just hope you get the opportunity to explain and this may mean bypassing the 3rd party company if possible to sell yourself in a better light

Thes companies exist as they have access to bulk lists of the credit reference agencies so make it quicker and cheaper than doing it in house. However, they do tend to be inflexible as they work to a particular brief rather than looking for exceptions so good candidates can get passed over in favour of those who just tick all of the boxes.

My take is this.

They have not asked previously so they are probably not concerned with minor or historical stuff. They are probably more concerned with the level of debt. I am a mortgage broker and when I last changed jobs had some unsatisfied defaults (long story). As they asked on the application I declared them, they also ran a credit search. They were still prepared to take me on as they were historical and my level of debt was minimal.

If they feel you are good enough they may want a bit more of an explanation.

Tell them first. If you aren't responsible for money in the job I doubt it will be a problem, esp with a clean CRB check. Your honesty may even go in your favour. Do it ASAP so you can stop worrying - and get in with the info first.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks do they use all of the CR agenices do you know , its a gutter as the job is nothing to with its an It manager job.

I work in IT too and I find it annoying, unnessacary and rather obtrusive to have to do these kind of checks when I can see no need for them, I don't deal with money or finance. But at the end of the day, you MUST tell anything they shows in Credit Reports (I assume all 3) and anything that shows on Police Check, Id keep schtum about anything else though unless specifically asked.

I work in IT too and I find it annoying, unnessacary and rather obtrusive to have to do these kind of checks when I can see no need for them, I don't deal with money or finance. But at the end of the day, you MUST tell anything they shows in Credit Reports (I assume all 3) and anything that shows on Police Check, Id keep schtum about anything else though unless specifically asked.

Thanks

Ive completed the form with the 3rd Party Screening company and I have a current clean CRB and refs will be fine , just the Poor Credit History , Which as you say n IT , is a shame , as its nothing to Do with my job , I will be gutted if i get turned down

Let us know how you get on.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks

Ive completed the form with the 3rd Party Screening company and I have a current clean CRB and refs will be fine , just the Poor Credit History , Which as you say n IT , is a shame , as its nothing to Do with my job , I will be gutted if i get turned down

Have you pre-emptied them receiving the report by telling your contact at the firm?

If not, why not? Are you hoping they won't check for CCJ's?

I am not hoping they wont check - i understand they will do the required checks

As i have explained above , the screening is done , by a 3rd party not by the employer , they have little intrest in the HR process

The contract offer says besides a few normal things like CRB Check that you must have a

" A Satisfactory credit reference"

So it will come to down what satisfactory means i would guess ,

Indeed..in some circumstances they wont care about a few CCJ's, in others they want someone who is spotlessly clean.

They want tlo avoid someone with debt problems because clearly that person is gonna be nicking pens all day long :)

Indeed..in some circumstances they wont care about a few CCJ's, in others they want someone who is spotlessly clean.

They want tlo avoid someone with debt problems because clearly that person is gonna be nicking pens all day long :)

Spoke to a nice lady in HR , Who said it has flagged up a couple of CCjs totaling just over 1k

And if i wished to put something in writing for them to consider it

Ive done that and sent a copy of my CR with a clean couple of years , from my current address so back to the waiting game :)

Spoke to a nice lady in HR , Who said it has flagged up a couple of CCjs totaling just over 1k

And if i wished to put something in writing for them to consider it

Ive done that and sent a copy of my CR with a clean couple of years , from my current address so back to the waiting game :)

Well, you'll have to wait & see.

I still think you'd have been better to tell them before they saw it on the report (it makes you seem less of a risk, since you are seen to be "honest & open" about it), but that was only advice, and you chose not to take it.

If you get the job, great. If you don't we'll never know if you would never have got it, or might have if you'd told them about the CCJ's before they found out through the credit report.